"The Athletic" discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Rarely has there been a time when a team has less to lose than the Vols do at Bama, almost no one expects a effort from the Vols let alone a win with Bama winning games against everybody by 20-30 points. Let it all hang out, trick play em to death.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want, at minimum, two onside kicks

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Ageed

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Two great stories today.

justingroves likes this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

“Whaaaaaaaat?” he said, with a laugh. “That’s awesome. You’d never think something like that would come. It’s different, but it’s cool.”

The senior wide receiver was also told of the circumstances surrounding the baby’s story.

“Her dad’s a Georgia fan but her mom’s a Tennessee fan?” he said. “How’d she pull that off? Tell her I think that’s really cool.”

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The article where he went through all of Shrout’s snaps... nobody around here ever did stuff like that

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Haha

But when that text message arrived after Jennings’ birth, Clint was confused at first.

“I was like, ‘Wait, what? Y’all have a receiver named Jennings?’” he said.

“Yes, Jauan Jennings,” the Kellys’ friend, Morgan, texted. “She probably told you it was a family name. She got you good.”

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ubben with a good wrap up today. Ky came out differently than film showed and added some Gst stuff, among other info.
    What i liked best, at halftime, we changed qbs and defenses. Ditched both plans. It wont always work, but we have a coach that isnt afraid to ditch a plan and adjust and I like it. Winning decisions.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Another great article by David Ubben

"As an underdog, Pruitt is 5-10.

Butch Jones was 3-20, winning as an underdog just 13 percent of the time, a little more than a third as often as Pruitt."

IP likes this.
  12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Good stat.

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

The main reason being, aside from the obvious that CP knows football and the intern just pretends, is that CP isn't a [ussy pay]. CP coaches to win and not to lose respectably.

justingroves likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His latest article had an interesting stat, Tennessee averages 2.6 sacks in SEC play, only Alabama averages more.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Taylor’s stock has to be climbing.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Article on Jennings is must read and top notch work.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So, I ventured back out into the world away from the Athletic today. I read two of the most pointless articles by some guy on atozsportsnashville. The first one spouted some stats talking about identity. The other was lamenting Tennessee's game against Okie next year as a wasted opportunity for a better record that went on to predict the team being an underdog to LSU in 2022. I get what he is saying, buy folks who write stuff like this:
    Didn't get much of this logic growing up:

Article: https://atozsportsnashville.com/the-tennessee-vols-are-wasting-a-great-opportunity-in-2020/

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That Zach Ragan dude is just an amateur UT fanboy.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

what is he going to say if we beat Oklahoma?

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I mean, the site's name is `atozsportsnashville`. The only thing that surprises me is that the url doesn't end with `.myspace.com` or `.angelfire.com`.

NYY, Tar Volon, justingroves and 2 others like this.