"The Athletic" discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Aug 5, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

His Smokey article was awesome

warhammer likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Good article, and that's a good dog.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nice piece up on JG’s progress as well.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Brian Randolph goes in on Butch in today Ubban article.

2Maggitt2Quit and lylsmorr like this.
  5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Daniel Hood in the VFL Corner repeating the line that Butch never felt appreciated for going 9-4 has me riled up this AM.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is Hood implying that feeling was justified? He always struck me as being pretty chummy with Butch.

7. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Isn't really clear. He was talking about Dooley and how he didn't expect his return to Neyland to be petty/childish, but he stopped himself and said maybe that's not the right way to describe the cigar incident because Butch felt bitter.

Sounded like he thought Dooley took it like a man and Butch didn't.

8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

He had 5 years and the best he could do in SEC games was 1 year going 5-3. In 5 years he lost to Vandy more times than any coach post Neyland. [itch bay] can kiss my Tennessee azz.

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

They are both easily hated for different reasons but I’m confident I could shoot the bull with Dooley and not want kill him with my bare hands.

I can’t say the same for Butch.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I read it two or three times because the first time though I thought he was defending him as 9 wins being good. By the end I just realized he was stating what Butch thought and that was it.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I've never heard of a person interacting with Dooley coming away saying he's anything better than a jerk.

justingroves and lol vol like this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would gladly sit down to lunch with both of them so I could kick them in the nuts.

justingroves, lol vol and RockyHill like this.
  13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah I’m thinking of a party or tailgate environment. If I was the guy in the hardware store who he chewed out for not knowing something about a damn lightbulb or whatever I’d probably have lost my shit.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dooley is a pretty big condescending [penis]

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

9-4 doesn't sound like a [uck fay]ing championship butch. After all that's what you came here to do right? I hate that guy, sab kind of hate.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Butch is a bitter piece of shit. He will never be a HC at a school worth a shit again because of how shitty he looked here. He knows it and he blames Tennessee. Fact is he is a shitty coach.

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Laughing my ass off at not appreciating 9 win seasons. He got raises every damn year. Most of the fan base was beyond patient with him. And two nine win seasons do not excuse the worst season in school history. He’s a delusional shitbag. I hate him far, far worse than Dooley.

18. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

I hope he gets another power 5 job.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He essentially told Eric Freaking Berry, of all people, to [uck fay] off when he came to visit practice.

justingroves likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He tried to have his car towed, tow truck driver got there then said "nah, that's Eric Berry's"