"The Athletic" discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Thats awesome and one of the best parts about coaching kids. Ive also had the "what did we do today different than before" talks and its involved everything from meds to music played on the way to not eating a 6 course meal an hour before practice.
    Some kids taking some meds can often fly around faster when on them. Others can fall asleep on the sideline.

SetVol13 and Memtownvol like this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I know of one kid in baseball that when on them is the best player on field. But when he's not, he's darn near the worst. And it's a coin toss every game whether or not he's taken them that day. And I've passed over his name several times because I don't want the gamble.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i had a kid with that problem. Was great in the morning. Complete mess when the meds were wearing off in the afternoon

4. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

Yes! I’m this exact way with my track kids. What did you eat last night? How much sleep did you get? What was for breakfast?

Had one that if he didn’t have his headphones with him to listen to his music before a race, he was a nervous wreck.

5. Ssmiff

And again, what i miss most. All the different kids and challenging myself to find a way to find the best in each of them. I have 3 very different kids and its awesome.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

Good for him!

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Well deserved. It’s amazing how he swooped in and completely eviscerated every UT writer in skill and content.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Like MJ going to the local Upward league.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

fyp.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

11. CardinalVol

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

SetVol13 and A-Smith like this.
  13. Ssmiff

Athletic still needs some tweaking. On Ubbens twitter, you should be able to link up without going into the app.
    Today, 6 paragraphs of the article show up and thrn comments.
    So basically, i cant read it

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

So Ubben jumped on the “it’s time to start looking at coaching” train a lot earlier than I thought. Not that he’s calling for firing or anything, just making the “talent gap is closing, results gap is not” argument, which is fair.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The team looks uncoached. Shamburger either doesn't know the play call or the other dbs don't, the linebackers refuse to cover much of anything in the passing game and the oline had 4 or 5 pre snap penalties.

He's not going to make it, let's start the hire Will Healy movement

16. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Ha all the people on here that hate Fleck will love Will “In the Club” Healy.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't care if it is boris Johnson at coach, I just want results.

Memtownvol and chavisut like this.
  18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Better than rowing the boat...

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fleck just got reamed by another halfway decent team again

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I had a response for this but not worth the rabbit hole that will take us down.

I like Healy.