"The Athletic" discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Aug 5, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I too like Healy

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

There is a lot of names out there which would be easy hires, but if things continue like this, you're looking at Haslam hiring Doug Marrone on a 7 year deal.

Tar Volon likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Brent Hubbs loves him some Doug Marrone, he mentions him on nearly every radio interview he does

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

At least he ain't a bammer.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No

More

Gumps

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I like healy, but hes still very far off before I'm willing to trust him with the reigns of a sec program.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

keep in mind that we have nothing left to protect. no streaks. no floor.

8. CardinalVol

At some point if we have to hit the reset button again, I want to get someone proven. In 3 years I may tell you I think he's ready, but as of today, no he would not be in my top 3 to 5 off the top of my head.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we've got two choices: keep playing the coach roulette wheel like we have the last 3 times, or go big on someone who everybody already knows the name of.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Rather let the guy we have learn how to run an SEC team (up until the point where it becomes clear that he is unwilling or unable to learn, which I don’t think we’ve hit) than pay a buyout and hire somebody else to learn how to run an SEC team.

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Stoops and Myers would have to tell me know about a 1000 times before I started going to the up and comers.

Then I’m either taking a run at ISU or KSU coaches

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Not being a smartass, but who? Do we try to grab someone from the NFL? Which team do we poach from college? Someone like Franklin from PSU? I [uck fay]ing hate that the guy we got now, who I like, is [uck fay]ing up like this. In the end though no matter if I like him or not, if he can't get the job done get him out. I'm tired, like the rest of us, of coach hunting.

13. CardinalVol

Urban would have to file a restraining order against me before I went to #2 option.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

Klieman can straight coach.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I want to win but it’s not important enough to me to welcome Meyer, Franklin, or Freeze

utvol0427, Tar Volon and justingroves like this.
  16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'd be OK with Franklin being our asshole.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's perfect for PSU, they don't care if you turn a blind eye to rape

utvol0427 and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t really think an asshole and a complete piece of shit human are the same thing

justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Screw Franklin. However, i have forgiven pastor freeze. Add in our offense embarrasses again, id be up for it. Or urban. Screw it. I want exciting saturdays

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

I don’t appreciate the way Freeze appropriates Christianity to cover up his lack of character about as much as I don’t appreciate the open lack of character of Franklin and Meyer. No thanks on any of them

Tar Volon likes this.