DC's Spam and Trolling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by dc4utvols, Jun 12, 2017.

1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Hey, my husband is a PK! He was in seminary when we met.

2. chef66

chef66 New Member

In fairness it's not so much her but her pastor that's responsible. I don't think less of her due to her views as I don't believe that beliefs are subject to the will. There's nothing I could do to force myself to genuinely believe in the Bible's divine origin/inspiration and nothing I tell her could change her opinion.

I do find it interesting that you claim not to like Trump. Who did you vote for?

3. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Well force yourself NO. Thats not how it works. Faith is not an opinion. I dont have faith because of some preacher or because I read the Bible. Reading creates the environment where you are receptive to God. I have faith because I have felt the presence of God as sure as you have felt a handshake, an itch, pain or pleasure.

He is real but until you meet Him I can do no more justice to the description than I have offered. Until then faith will remain a mystery. It will be something that you scoff at and ridicule.

I wrote in Ted Cruz, the only Reaganite running.

4. chef66

chef66 New Member

I've had experiences for which I cannot account, but I realize that a natural explanation is more likely to be the cause than a supernatural one, even if anything is possible.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Faith. He was born with it. (Except that he wasn't, he had to find it.)

Solid as always.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And Judeo-Christians are not the sole experiences of this. Every religious person no matter their persuasion, if truely searching, has this experience. Whether it is a christian praying after a fast or a Hindu doing yoga and praying to Hanuman or a Buddhist sitting in meditation and feeling the infinite universe around her, it is almost assuredly the same experience.

I myself had had this experience both praying to God to forgive me as well as on the meditation mat at my Buddhist temple. In fact the latter experience was far stronger and far deeper. Doesn't invalidate or prove the first was not True.

I not claiming DC said this, just extrapolating from the conversation.

On a side, why does someone that believes in prophecy, especially christian end of the world stuff, concern himself with politics and economics? Seems a waste of energy.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wouldn't you prefer the World be a better place now, as the prophesied ending could be centuries after your death?

8. chef66

chef66 New Member

That's not always the case. Take Mother Teresa for example:

Accounts like these highlight the problematic nature of faith as the sole means of salvation. When people like DC cite personal experience as a primary component of the evidence that swayed them to believe, it leads to depression in those who haven't had profound experiences.

It would have been nice if books like the Bible stressed the importance of embracing uncertainty and contemplating different possibilities rather than faith in sectarian claims. Of course they wouldn't be nearly as popular due to humanity's need for answers and fear of mortality.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Lordy, you ruined him.

10. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

11. farmersdaughter

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

*rurntet

13. farmersdaughter

Might've used that one...

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Double entendre.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

No question.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Unless you believe. Then, you'll literally have eternity together anyway so there is no reason to even visit. You inevitably have infinite time together! Right? Riiiggghhht? Is that not how that works?

18. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Sure! My grandfather, who I was very close to, passed 28 years ago. So it can be a very long time that you are separated from someone you love without the ability to even pick up the phone and call.

But you carry on with your bad self.

19. chef66

chef66 New Member

Do you have any specific beliefs about what Christians do once they arrive in heaven?

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

DC, re-reading Titus 3:9-10 might be helpful here... I don't get into online religious debates any more...