DCS

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by fl0at_, May 10, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think mine may be too. Well, the PSU is only 3 years old. And the upgraded SSD 1 year old.

2. fl0at_

2.7 dropped today as part of open beta. Should anyone ever want to fly.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am gonna reinstall and see if I can still run the damn game. Those clouds look like [uck fay]ing clouds.

4. fl0at_

They haven't announced, but prices on their site are about 50% off again, so I bought some things, because I'm a sucker, and do it every sale.

IP likes this.
  5. fl0at_

Working on a series of training missions for me and a buddy. Part 1 was low altitude ingress to SEAD, and if above altitude limit 10 times, two intercept MIGs are launched.

So if we fly too high, we have to deal with the SAM sites and then the A2A.

Last night, testing it a few times, I kept it below 1000 the whole way, popped up to 24k, knocked out a SA-6, fought off a SA-10, that shot down my 2nd AGM-88c, so I bugged out to the tanker.

Followed the tanker around for a while. Couldn't convince it to give me gas, so flew back to base and landed.

Was fun. Now to do it as a team, so we can actually have a shot at the SA-10.

6. fl0at_

T-45 mod is nice.

7. fl0at_

Basically my last year:

8. fl0at_

Free to Play any module for 14 days over a period of 6 months.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't run it anymore, it seems.

10. fl0at_

I thought you had a system that is as old as mine, and a better graphics card.

All I have is a i7-4770, 16 GB RAM, and a GTX 1060 graphics card. It runs fine for me. Or at least as good as I've always had.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

i5-3570k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1050 Ti.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think things that don't take full advantage of multithreading don't run well on my older processor.

13. fl0at_

Yea, and DCS is processor heavy.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

You guys are terrible pc master racers

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

PC Master Racers that are willing to pay 3 times retail prices for the newest graphics card from a scalper are scum.

16. fl0at_

I'll never be on the cutting edge of hardware, because I'm not willing to pay for it.

I usually buy a generation or two behind, and then it lasts me 6-7 years.

I've been on the evga 3080 wait list since they created it, but I doubt I see that any time soon.

17. fl0at_

We're going to need bigger maps...

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I know it was a Freudian slip, but damn, that is funny. Especially since they are talking about simple radio controls and not 2x c capability.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Will probably release a solar system map with all the planets for free, but charge for the moons individually.

20. fl0at_

Gravity will be reduced in most systems due to Space Force classifying rotational speed of the moons, despite rotational speed of moons being public access.