[ddiapos] Quotes Page

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by UncleNeyland, Sep 7, 2011.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think it's important to note that this isn't a real quote.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

So it is ok for Hart to make the quote but not Dools? Yep, that fits the twisted logic of this board to a T.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well, sort of. I wouldn't expect him to hang some ultimatum over Dooley's head. That would be awful for recruiting and team morale. If the team ever perceives Dooley as a dead man walking, we are about to experience some next level awful football. So Hart saying something like that would be like pre-fitting his noose.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Hart doesn't have to say anything. However, he's definitely not going to publicly announce a win total Dooley must live up to.

Dooley never said the quote in question, so I can't criticize him for that. However, it would be sad to see him say it because even he wouldn't believe it.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

"It's the same old deal. You know, sometimes we look good running the ball and sometimes we don't look good at all. It's third and one and fourth and one at two. Short yardages is an issue. It's shown up twice now in two games. We're going to have to keep searching on what we do. Maybe we should just spread it out and throw it."

--post Ga State

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

"Most teams don't reach or never reach their dreams and I think one of the main reasons is that they overestimate the event and underestimate the process,"

--pre-Florida

7. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

there's the confidence you wanna hear

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

There's that ****ing word again. This guy doesn't want me to like him.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Don't worry about the mule, just load the wagon.

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

No, maybe you should get physical during the week.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I like your style.