[ddiapos] vs. Clay Travis

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, May 10, 2012.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Dooley is the reason for Travis's success. I'm really disappointed Travis didn't make him look like the imbecile he is.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Ok, but you are forgetting something, Clay is a humongous ass clown as well, perhaps much more so than Dooley. I am not surprised that Clay blew this chance because I have been listening to that show for almost 3 years now, and the only people, besides himself, that Clay has managed to make look stupid are people who call in with ludacris claims. When a big name gets behind the mic, Clay usually falls in line with every other radio host.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Clay loses his balls when any coach calls in. This isn't new for him

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Agree. Put yourself in Clay's shoes. It is easy to run Dooley down when he is usually 3 hours away, but put him right beside of him, and he basically melted. Clay has an advantage because he has a website and a top rated afternoon drive radio show to get out his opinions, albeit, stupid ones.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is understandable to tone it down and have a modicum of personal respect when actually speaking to a coach or any other person. But he really just shrinks back from his stances and pretends like he is someone else. [itch bay].

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's business. He acts tough when he does to garner interest and ratings. But, if he is a [penis] to Dooley, he won't get him on his show again, which is bad for ratings. If Dooley (or any other coach that hears about the rough treatment) makes it well known that he won't be back on that station while Clay Travis is there, that's bad for everyone's ratings and for the security of Travis' career.

7. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

So, to summarize Macon's summary, Clay is happy when we win, unhappy when we lose, and would like to see some evidence that this staff can lead a program back to winning from losing, and Dooley thinks that makes him a coward. I never really thought about it that way.

I've only read Macon's summary, but that isn't the way I took it at all. Clay basically said I don't believe you are the guy and need to see some evidence before changing my mind. I don't know how much more confrontational you can be, especially at a Vol caravan event.

Should he have called him a Nazi or questioned his hygiene?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

German infantry in a French pillbox overlooking Normandy Beach, and yes question his showering habits.

9. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Solid post kpt. I hadn't thought of it like that.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I like Clay Travis - because he makes the sunshine pumpers so mad and they honestly believe he is a Vandy fan.