DE Carl Lawson

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by kptvol, Nov 22, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Big time, 5 star, top 10 in the nation type recruit out of Alpharetta, GA (hometown of former UT running back Toney Williams). He is currently committed to Auburn, but with Gene Chizik's status and NCAA allegations... he may be looking around. We could get him here with the right hire.

Carl Lawson - Yahoo! Sports

[video=youtube_share;FpOFaIRaGeY]http://youtu.be/FpOFaIRaGeY[/video]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/FpOFaIRaGeY[/youtube]

2. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

If he wants to stay at the Barn with all that's on their plate with the AA and chizek's status we really don't want him - he's too dumb to be a Vol. If he reopens his recruitment we should do all we can to get him. Kid's a player. Good SEC size and quickness.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He's a Vol on nsd

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Five star number 1 DE in country and number 2 nationally overall is apparently leaning toward us now from someone close to the situation on VQ.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Carl-Lawson-134584

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I saw that as well but hesitated to post due to the sheer unbelievable nature of it. I hope it happens bit I won't hold my breath. This kid is an absolute beast!

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Thigpen, I guess.

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

How could this be? I'm told ad nauseum that Tennessee is a place no one wants to be.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Thigpen, Graham and immediate playing time.

Tennessee's traditions and facilities aren't too shabby either.

10. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

It helps that Garner didn't recruit him to UGA although he will probably lie and blame it on a HC/DC decision. This kid is legit.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

How do you know that would be a lie?

12. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He is the player that Rivals advertised Jac to be. It also doesn't hurt that he had Tenn as his leader before being actively recruited after his Soph season.

13. JD0320

JD0320 New Member

Green, North, & Lawson would be outstanding if we could get those dudes in here. It could snowball from there.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Would be an impressive grab.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Would be nice to finally have an elite pass rushed again.

16. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Don't know. If a proven top recruiting position coach that you have trusted and has been highly successful in the past likes him, he (Garner) would fight for him and win unless the HC/DC wants the position coach to go away. I guess the later is possible.

The story behind it is that Lawson was a camp freak. Showed up big at camps and then not so much in the games. That was somewhat dispelled at the end of this past season as he was a beast.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Taking kids that the top 15 doesn't want or doesn't need is one thing. Being able to take guys that the best programs really want is a sign of going in the right direction. He has a chance to get a handful of them in this class with this kid being one of them.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If you can get 3-5 of these guys in this class between now and NSD I'd have to say that Jones has done a great job.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I'll believe it when I see it with Lawson. Just sounds too good to be true

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Sounds crazy to me.