DeBord de Gone

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Jan 3, 2017.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Butch was quoted as saying that the core of his offensive system would stay the same.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Not the offense I would pick, but if they fix execution and play calling I am ok with that. Not holding my breath though.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Tee is an emotional leader though. Guys will run through a brick wall for him. I was never impressed with him as somene with the ability to be any kind of football luminary though.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is like Thig.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I should be way more excited about this than I am.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Not much to be excited about. A lame duck coach is about to be on his 3rd OC in 5 seasons.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Opportunity is nowhere

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

All in how you want to spin it.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

How would you "spin it"?

11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Wasn't supposed to be announced yet, but word leaked since Debord has been sitting in IU's coaches' box since New Year's Eve.

12. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I see it as an upgrade, personally. Not necessarily a spin, just how you want to interpret the situation. He's coached a place that had a lot of success running a similar offense.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It would leave no doubt in 2018.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Absolutely

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Both

16. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

If he had the inclination or the good sense to hire Martin, Cooter, Helfrich as OC and or Terry Fair as CB coach, what are the chances any of these would come?

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Helfrich is only one.

18. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

I think I would like to see Fair as CB coach.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I imagine that Helfrich will be double dipping taking an OC job, once from here and Oregon. Where as a HFC gig would seriously put a crimp into his Duck Money. So who cares, for him, if it is a one-and-done gig.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There have been coordinators at or close to the level of Shoop and Helfrich willing and able to come to Tennessee since 2013. The fact that it's year 5 and we are about to possibly have two that don't absolutely suck is disgraceful. He doesn't deserve a chance to save himself after Bajakian, Jancek, DeBord, and even Shoop being a miserable failure in year one.