Deep Thoughts and other musings from Randy

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, May 4, 2016.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If it's at an age where kids don't know the difference who cares. I don't think we kept score in tee ball when I was a kid. We did after that though, I remember because my first team didn't lose once and we got s big ole trophy at the end to go with our cookies and Capri suns.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

How deeep are we talking here, Randy?

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Just for the pure short term intensity of pain, a kick right square in the [penis] -- which of course slams back against the balls, making any kick square in the [penis] also a kick in the balls -- is up nearl the very top of most any list. But I'd take a forceful kick to the [penis] over having the shingles again. I'd take a dozen of them, actually.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I was wondering how long it would take.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We weren't belligerent buttholes about it or anything. After the first game, my son asked who won, so we told him. Some of the parents seemed to care a little too much about it both ways.

6. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

pu$$ies

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Ever had a kidney stone? I'd rather be kicked in the nuts 10 times than have a kidney stone.

8. MWR

MWR Contributor

With a steel toed boot.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Thankfully I've never had one. I've seen someone who was the type of person that turned down pain meds after a major surgery/finish games with broken bones/etc. curled up and crying in pain when he had a kidney stone. It definitely didn't look like it was an enjoyable experience.

10. JayVols

Yes.

11. JayVols

I have begged my wife to shoot me more than once to stop the pain. And I meant it. Wholeheartedly.

12. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I wouldn't want to ask my wife that.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Too many child birth jabs.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I have no doubt kidney stones are more painful than a kick in the family jewels, even though I have never had one. For one thing, pain from the latter is usually only temporary. At least the worse part of it is. I believe from what I have been told, shingles is also more painful than said kick.

My worse experience wasn't from a kick, but from a stone. I was the flagman for several races at the Kingsport Speedway back in about 1985-86 when it was a dirt track. During a heat race a golf ball sized rock was thrown by a car and it hit me in the left testicle. I could not stay on my feet nor was I able to climb down from the flagging stand. Fortunately I had an assistant who I gave the blue and yellow flags to, and I rolled up in a ball on the stand. After a few minutes, I was able to climb down and lay on the concrete bleacher. The next day, my whole scrotum was a dark blue to black color, and I was barely able to walk. It was almost two weeks before the bruising went away.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I've had a couple of kidney stones, if I had my choice, I'd rather not have one again.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

My dad had several kidney stones when I was younger. They've since stopped, no idea why. I remember one was so bad that he was honestly begging to die.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

So a rock hit you in the stones.

Aint that the luck.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

always remember the greatest gift you can give your family is your presence. my father is going through something similar so i understand.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The mileage on that principle probably varies by individual and family.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

fair enough, but i don't doubt that for jay i'm right.