Deep Thoughts and other musings from Randy

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, May 4, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm quite certain Jay is irreplaceable and his family/friends need every second they can get with him. But I assume he was kidding about asking his wife to kill him. Next time request good drugs, Jay. Or booze.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Awww. You guys are too kind.

The thing is it takes time to get to where the good drugs are, haha DSeriously, the way pain meds work on me is odd. I still hurt, but I just don't care very much anymore. Is that odd?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that is exactly how some pain killers are supposed to work.

4. JayVols

I thought they were supposed to interrupt pain receptors. Maybe not.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

It takes 2 hours of sitting in the ER before they'll bring me in to give me the good stuff. Then they want to do 20 different tests to make sure what the problem is. I'm like, come on, we all know WTF the problem is, give me the meds.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dunno. Kpt would.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Gallstones are no fun either. The attacks from them get worse every time you have an attack too. It only took 3 times for me, and I had the gallbladder removed.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sounds like opioids.

9. JayVols

I usually get a cocktail of Toradol & Dilauded in the ER for the stones.

Kmf, my last attack back in the fall, I crawled into the er, pulled myself into the check in chair and told the lady there that someone needed to help me. The took me to triage immediately, & when they saw my bp was about 210/115, they knew some real shit was going down. Took me back immediately. After checking my records that show a history of stones, they started an IV to pump me full of pains meds. They were really concerned about my bp. The CT showed a large stone lodged in the opening to the ureter. Was the most painful one yet. Bad news is CT also showed another stone the same size in the same kidney. They used all the sound wave blasts they could safely use to address the problem stone. I've got more pain in my future.

10. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Sometimes when I start to feel a bit sorry for myself, I think of you, and decide I do not have it so bad.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Guy I knew in Navy had a board bounce into junk off of a table saw. Could barely walk, black and blue (maybe pissing blood, can't be sure). Some geniuses in our shop convinced him that it's his balls, which are the "problem", as they have been permanently inside of him since the accident (natural bodily reaction to testicular trauma). They convince him to go for a run, wearing loose shorts and no a scivvies, so as to coax them back down...via the rhythmic jostling, I suppose. Can barely walk, still gives it a go. 1/85th into his first lap, he falls down, vomits, threatens to lose consciousness and demands to be taken to on-base hospital.

Doc checks him out, claims he has a testicular torsion, and has medical corp guys hold him down as they "untwist" his testicle. Excruciating pain, no remedy, problem gets worse. Swelling increases, screams of excruciating pain. New doc comes in, says that first doc erred - didn't have testicular torsion when he arrived...but does now, holds him down and restrains arms and legs to table....so as to untwist what the first doc actually twisted.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

What's causing the reoccurring stones?

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just had a phantom pain shoot through one of my boys. Thanks.

14. JayVols

Haha

I've survived it all so far. Haha

15. JayVols

I'm just lucky, I guess.

16. JayVols

My nuts are hurting now.

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

[​IMG]

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Doesn't this make it the parents fault? I mean it's not like the kids come up with the rules.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Motorsport is inherently dangerous.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

could've gone my whole life without reading this