DeepSpringsVol is a liar

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by A-Smith, Nov 26, 2012.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The AD is getting awfully worked up over something that isn't going to happen.....or is it?

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Very possible IMO. I wish I had included that option in my thread title.

3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I smell a huge load of bullshit in this thread. If someone on an anonymous message board claimed I said something (true or untrue) there are no serious repercussions - ever - because my and anyone's response will be "What the **** are you talking about?". I find it VERY hard to believe that the AD called anyone.

4. TennTradition

Well - the guy is the team doctor. If they feel he is spreading rumors - true or untrue - out of his office, they would probably give him a call to ask, 'WTF?' This would particularly be true if the AD is on info lockdown.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not to fan the flames. . . but it seems to me it'd be far more likely the AD calls the doctor if gruden coming to tenn was true. . . i.e why the hell are you telling people?!

6. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

So I can post:

I bartend at Ruth's Chris and waited on David Blackburn yesterday, gave him his dinner for free if he would just tell me about the Rumors surrounding Gruden. He said he was coming.

7. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

I'm thinking the dr was bragging about what he knew.

8. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

And that is a complete fabrication, like a lot of the shit on message boards.

We are to believe that the UTAD reads threads on all/most Tennessee message boards and then confronts coaches/trainers/players etc for hearsay someone posts? Sold.

9. TennTradition

I agree...which is what I was trying to imply several posts above.

But as always there is a counter argument - such as they don't want him spreading Gruden rumors due to his affiliation with the team because people are more likely believe it from him and they don't want false hope built up because it will make their eventual hire even harder for the fan base to accept.

But I still like the theory that they were peeved when they thought he was letting the cat out of the bag.

10. TennTradition

There are interns combing the boards all the time.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they'd frankly be pretty crazy to not have someone monitoring the message boards just even to gauge fan opinions. certianly that underling could have forwarded the thread to the AD.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd think if there was nothing to it, they'd just assume the poster was full of it. there not going to easily believe the team doctor is willingly spreading lies. i'm just talking from an "odds that x or x happened" point of view.

13. TennTradition

In an AD that is on lockdown, that could cause a stir I would imagine if it were about someone a little less connected that might not 'know better' ... And not quite so obviously a lie.

14. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I am sure they do, what I don't believe is that they are contacting employees because of what people said was said. I wouldn't put up with it if my bosses constantly asked me if what someone posted on a message board attributed to me was true.

15. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

In that case I should think of all types of occupations and outlandish stories that I heard from folks employed at the UTAD and post them.

I'm just saying that I don't buy that the AD was worked up over something that a person said was said.