Defensive Line

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i'm down to on the course or beach. Seems to taste better both places

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

that makes sense. I can enjoy a single mixed drink in such a social setting.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I haven't gotten drunk in a long time

chavisut likes this.
  4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm to the point where Apple ciders and the occasional pale ale is all I'll drink. Might get drunk once a year.

5. Ssmiff

takes too long to recover now if its too much and gives me an Olympic level case of acid reflux. Many of you have no idea what's coming your way and adjustments you will have to make.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I do enjoy the taste, but I don’t enjoy being drunk, so I usually alternate beer and soda

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It was Newt. He was hated at the time, and I don't think anyone wanted him at the tailgate. I also had a buddy from school there with me. Funnily enough, I reconnected with Newt on Xbox a couple years back and played a good amount of Fifa Pro Clubs with him and some of his buddies. That dude grew up quite a bit. Has a baby (was pretty new at the time) and was/is in the military, if I'm not mistaken.

I wonder how different my experience would be here if I had just gone to that tailgate...

... probably not much lol

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If I drink beer, I put on weight. Quickly. So I drink bourbon instead. And I intentionally started drinking the sort of expensive stuff because I knew it would limit how much I'd actually want to drink it. Can't stand spending 12 bucks on a glass when I could have a double for cheaper at home.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Newt. Yep. I remember now. Almost anyone would have been welcome at out tailgates with Sab being one exception. I wouldn't particularly want Larry there from toos either. Didn't hate him, but he got on my nerves.

Indy, I don't dislike you at all. Never have. I don't think "the board" dislikes you either (but I've been gone a while...haha). Now, I don't understand you pretty often, but that's totally different from disliking you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't give you shit and wouldn't carry on lengthy discussions with you. I'd just completely ignore you & not waste my time.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I drink high ABV stouts and IPAs. Honestly takes me awhile to finish one so I very rarely have more than one.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

I prefer a 20 mg gummy and a bottle of water

12. cpninja

cpninja Member

I stopped touching booze when I got some gummies. Nice and relaxing, plus dont feel like shit the next day

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Talk about making the world a better place. imagine if everybody had a gummy a day and the potentially positive ripple effects.

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed. Second string QB on one of the worst teams in the country doesn't say much.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t know if I drink a lot or I drink a little. I just drink when I want to and don’t drink when I don’t want to. I don’t really count or keep track. I did have 3 beers tonight, and I only know that because of this thread.

I drink a lot beer. I would call it a hobby. This has been the summer of Coors Light and Modelo. But I also am on Untapped and just passed 1800 beer check ins. I’m always looking to have something I haven’t had.

Given that I’ve had a lot of practice, I’d say that 95% of the time I know where my sweet spot is and how to stay there. Yeah the hangovers on the other 5% are rough, but these days I’m usually ready for bed before I have time to get there.

chavisut and OneForVol like this.
  16. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

This is where I am. I figure 3 beers are better for you than one soft drink. Plus, drinking beer is way more fun.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wonder what the equivalent would be.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Basically where I'm at but I like whiskey more than beer. I like beer, especially micros but whiskey has always been my thing.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I also like water. I drink over 180 ounces a day just because I like it. I never drink soda or juice unless I'm feeling dangerous and want a mixed drink.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I like bourbons and whiskeys too, but I only drink brown liquor at home. I might have a transfusion or two on the golf course, but, in fact, I don’t really drink much liquor any where but at home. I just think it’s safer that way.

I drink a lot of water too.