POLITICS Democratic Nominee 2020 Lollapalooza

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Unimane, Feb 6, 2019.

?

Who will win the Democratic nomination for president in 2020?

1. Biden, J

42.1%
  2. Booker, C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Buttigieg, P

15.8%
  4. Castro, J

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Clinton, H

15.8%
  6. Harris, K

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Klobuchar, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sanders, B

10.5%
  9. Warren, E

15.8%
  10. Yang, A

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Maybe going for the “everyone that goes to private school is from a privileged background”angle.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That, and people who attend private school likely don't experience certain things that public school kids experience.

I attended private school K-12, and I can definitely see how it could be looked at as "sheltered."

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We certainly weren’t as culturally diverse of a student body as a public school, but I’d venture the guess that we saw more crazy shit on a day to day basis by going to school on Magnolia Ave than any of the private or public school kids in West Knoxville.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

its making a point that the dude who calls people racists, dipshits and morons went to an elite close to 100% white private school and arrogantly thinks his anecdotal experience and lefty brain means more than others.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Don’t forget “white” and “racist”

6. Ssmiff

Millions of people abuse the system or take help when capable of working. You 2 argued that wasnt the case and you are wrong.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve been out of private school longer than I was in private school, so yeah, you got me good.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Thanks for admitting you don’t actually read anything I say.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

millions? You know this number is larger than thousands, right? It was preposterous that Dooz had some contact with thousands, but you know of millions?

10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I guess it's just partly from living in the most corrupt and fraudulent area in the nation, but I see it all the time here. And the beautiful part is we have people brag and laugh about it. I absolutely believe people that are capable of working, but still can't make ends meet, get assistance. I do not believe people getting assistance should live in a 400K house, I don't think they should be able to buy 7-11 pizza, wings, and junk food.

11. Ssmiff

Improper or fraudulent welfare benefits cost the govt 50 billion a year. 3 billion is food stamps. As i stated, y'all are wrong

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree, FWIW. I am just cautious of holding back aid so as to not assist the working out of fear of the abusers

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I’ve seen welfare spending estimated as low as 600-700 billion a year, and as high as 1.1 trillion in 2016, as mentioned in this article:

https://www.heritage.org/welfare/re...-11-trillion-welfare-system-and-how-reform-it

Now, I don’t have any clue where you got your numbers from, but even at the lowest estimate of 600 billion, 50 billion in fraud is approximately 8% of the total spent. 3 billion in food stamps of the the 104 billion spent on food aid mentioned in that article is about 3%.

Now, with that in mind, what I actually said was “ I do think that, yeah, there’s a very small portion of people that abuse the system”. Sure we can have a semantical debate over the word “very” if you want, but even the most rudimentary calculations show your numbers as a small amount.

Of course, since they only teach reading comprehension to rich white kids in elite private high schools, I can understand how you would have missed that.

14. Ssmiff

Its a lot of [uck fay]ing money. Throw %s all you wish to rationalize the idea that 50 billion of fraud is ok.
    This began when you asked for proof from KMF, who lives and sees shit you only read about, then proceeded to be anecdotal about your own experiences framing your opinion while telling him to "prove it". Keep calling me a dumbass while you arent aware of how dumb that was.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What was that about defensive reactions again?

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That said, more on how you came to this conclusion please.

Also, now that KMF has further clarified his position, I don’t have an issue with what he’s said since since the post that started the conversation.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That actually does describe most of my private school days.

18. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Sadly, also the entirety of my time in the Marine Corps.

19. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Really? I don't doubt you ... just didn't have that experience in the Army. I was in a special ops unit and not the "big Army" and I was also enlisted and white so maybe that was the difference. A large, actually very large, percentage of my 1SGs, SGMs, and Commanders were different ethnicities. Most of the enlisted leaders were hispanic and a large portion of the commanders were black guys. Long post to say that, as a platoon sergeant, I can't recall numerous incidences of racism. Maybe I was blind.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This just goes to show the depths of your own racism.

(joking)

smokysbark likes this.