Democrats Will Exclude Pro-Life Candidates

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Apr 30, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

WASHINGTON ― Democratic National Committee chairman Tom Perez became the first head of the party to demand ideological purity on abortion rights, promising Friday to support only Democratic candidates who back a woman’s right to choose.

“Every Democrat, like every American, should support a woman’s right to make her own choices about her body and her health,” Perez said in a statement. “That is not negotiable and should not change city by city or state by state.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000016&section=politics

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean eventually we have to start seeing some independent candidates gain some traction. Right?

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I believe so.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

This'll probably only be true of small time, local folk. No way they enforce this nationally.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Would be incredibly dumb for Dems to do that.

6. GahLee

One of my greatest hopes that come from the Trump campaign is a broader selection of candidates. No matter the party affiliation.

7. GahLee

I agree. It would be political suicide in my opinion. Too many people are split on abortion. You can't alienate all those voters.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah, so is Joe Biden, probably the most popular well-known democrat, going to be kicked from the party? This is stupid and counter-productive. What's so great about being the Democratic Party that they think they can start creating single-issue litmus tests?

What one would think would be a wake-up call for the party establishment, upper class and city-dwelling democrats has instead been the opposite. They're doubling down. When they're pushing out people on the left (me and my ilk) and the right (folks who are pro-life but otherwise progressive), what's the point of the party? There isn't enough people left to win anything nationally.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

1) He is who I immediately thought of.

2). Same could be said of the media

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  10. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Sadly, the Democrats have learned absolutely nothing from 2016.

Absolutely nothing.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hate it when Hillary supporters blame Sanders for her loss. Because him not conceding faster or daring to say "boo" about her was the reason she lost. Okay. If she couldn't win over 100 % (or probably 50 %) of his supporters, it isn't on him. He campaigned for her.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Anyone else interested in reading the book Shattered. The writers followed Hillary thinking they would be writing about breaking the glass ceiling. Shattered took on a whole new meaning on election night.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And the Republicans didn't learn anything after 2012, which is why we are stuck with this clown.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's amazing how it was unthinkable to many, while simultaneously everyone knew it was on a knife's edge.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I don't understand. Trump is anything but a stereotypical Republican and Romney clone. He got many traditional Democratic voters to vote for him. Plus he Won.

What didn't they learn?

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Seems to me like you have it figured out.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Republican party actively campaigned against the guy that won the Republican nomination

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Because they failed to come up with anybody worth a shit from their actual party.

That allowed us to get stuck with an infantile, egomaniac.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Which speaks volumes about the candidate the Democrats choose.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Both parties suck.