Denico Autry to Mississippi State

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Dec 13, 2011.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

OT - but are the paysites worth the money? Just curious if it's a matter of getting the information sooner or if it's both sooner and more accurate than places like this and TOOS's. Make sense?

EDIT- just to expand on that thought, I'm constantly reading where folks are copy/paste warriors from other sites and how Hubbs, Fortenberry, etc. don't know their elbows from their assholes.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. ncmedicman

ncmedicman Member

The [dadgum] Germans got nothin' to do with it!

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Sheriff_B_T_Justice2_sq90.jpg

Buford T. Justice: Hey boy, where is Sheriff Branford at?
    Sheriff Branford: I AM Sheriff Branford.
    Buford T. Justice: Oh, pardon me. For some reason you sounded a little taller on radio.

4. ncmedicman

ncmedicman Member

Knew somebody would have to catch it!

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

A week ago, I looked at OCI's profile and it said he was a lawyer in Little Rock. Now he is a business owner in Malibu ...haha

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I like 247 better than VQ. I cancelled my subscription to VQ after doing the free trial. It's probably worth the money to me. It's like $100 for the year. It mainly just depends if you like following recruiting because if you didn't, it probably wouldn't be worth it.

8. JayVols

Classics are eternal.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I've often read that the information on those sites finds its way to these sites anyway. I do like to follow recruiting, but figure if it's important enough it will find its way to the free sites. Just curious to know what you guys that pay thought. Thanks

10. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I love OCI saying he doesn't understand the hype about Autry and Jacobs going to the same school.

Three Amigos!

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Aren't they teammates? It doesn't take a CSI investigator to come to that conclusion.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

OCI is a gay douche, but he's not as bad as volball625.

13. JayVols

What I love even more is his little sucklings are buying it. He is the one that played that shit up. Now he has buyer's remorse, and nobody's calling him on his bullshit. How can people be that far up someone's ass? Everything the guys has said has not even been partially right. It's been dead wrong. Still, his minions are hanging on his every word. It's really creepy. I don't understand how anyone could fall for this lying sack of shit.

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I read some of the pages that were exploding yesterday around pages 125. My problem is not that OCI was wrong, but its that he wont man up and say he was just wrong and shut the [uck fay] up about it and go on. People are wrong all the time. If he is gonna try to predict big things and try to "guarantee" them, he better be ready for people to drill his ass when he is wrong, and not act like a little [itch bay] about it.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yes.

16. JayVols

Exactly.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Of all of these guys - who does know their shit when it comes to inside recruiting information, if anyone?

Just a quick question - no larger point to be made.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Anyone can relay information about recruits after speaking to mamas, daddies, high school coaches, principals and so on. Occasionally there is a water boy who overhears or sees something, or an idiot fan like myself who witnessed a recruit commit to Jim Chaney after practice one day two years ago. (No I didn't run to the board and gloat. I was just in the right place at the right time). I genuinely think this information is grounded in some version of the truth most of the time. What is disturbing and dumbfounding is that someone would have some sort of systematic recruiting guru on staff or in the AD office that would gladly give away info. Then they would betray that confidence and pollute message boards with said info. If that is true, which it is not, a person like that will soon get fired.

More troubling I think is the recruitniks that think they can evaluate talent. We all get lost by the star-gazing occasionally (me too) but it does a tremendous disservice to the players to pencil them in as All-Americans before they ever take a snap.

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

For the record I'm pretty sure he did do exactly that. It was later on in the thread that night.

20. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

My apologies to him if true.