Denver vs. Seattle SB L

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 28, 2015.

1. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

In a rematch of XLVIII

Yeah, it's (way) early but this is my matchup and pick

Carroll got a little too cute in his play calling resulting in Seattle giving away SB XLIX in the gms closing moments. The 'Hawks going for their third straight SB appearance understand that going into '15 season they should be two-time defending SB champs. Chancellor says, "The team is working harder than ever ..." "We're more focused, more driven."
    On O Wilson and Lynch are back while adding Graham. The 'Hawks will miss Unger's leadership as they look to fill the holes left by him and Carpenter on the oline.
    On D, with Quinn now ATL's HC newly promoted DC Kris Richard is faced w/ a difficult off-season. The man behind the "Legion of Boom" has a secondary in question, he lost Maxwell but gained Williams. Thomas, Simon and Lane (probably won't make it back for the start of reg season) are coming off surgery, Sherman and Chancellor are healing as well. Backups are young so depth may be an issue. Dline and LB's are solid. If the 'Hawks can avoid serious injury to key personnel the D should continue (as in '13 and '14) to be the best defense in the league.
    Special note: DT Williams was diagnosed w/ cancer and today had kidney surgery w/ chemo treatments to follow. Godspeed

Fox out, Kubiak in. Denver's (much improved in '14) D makes the move from 4-3 to 3-4. The O will be more balanced w/ a nice one-two of Anderson and Ball more involved and relying less on Manning's arm (for instance, more play-action where Sanders' YAC makes him a dangerous target on short routes / throws and TE underneath, Daniels coming w/ Kubiak knows the system, has a reputation of soft hands and the knack for getting open likely will quickly develop into a (fav) target of Mannings). The Bronco's were embarrased when they last played Seattle (in SB XLVIII) this gm will be more competitive.

Winner: 'Hawks 31-24

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Green Bay vs. Indy

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am not convinced Manning has another title run in him.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

My thought as well.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Possible. Packers have to figure out a way to get through an NFC West team though.

Still not sure on Indy though.

6. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

the Packers simply choked at Seattle. It was theirs to lose.
    The Colts are making a run this year with some notable free agent signings albeit they may have already passed their prime: Gore, AJ, Trent Cole, Nate Irving.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

While passed their primes, they still add immense value. Gore should give them the best RB production in a long time, I think Andre comes in with a chip on his shoulder.

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Broncos have to worry about finding a LT now. Clady is out for the season.

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Okay. Give us a little more in support of your position. Maybe offer a score.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

As w/ LC, care to offer a supporting argument, possibly a score?

11. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Tough to overcome losing a veteran LT esp a four(?) time Pro-Bowler. The irony, he missed 14 gms their previous SB ('13) yr due to injury.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Colts makin a run.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Rams vs Indy

14. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Most of the AFC "contenders" don't really play any defense, so it's hard to say. I think the Ravens will be right there in a year or two, but I guess I'll go Packers over Broncos right now.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't understand the Indy love. No d or running game. Luck throws too many ints and they beat up on crappy teams.

Packers vs steelers

16. NashVol11

That's how I feel, but then I look around and no one else in the AFC really has that either. The conference kinda sucks right now and Luck will be its biggest star very soon

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

If the steelers can shore up the secondary they are a legit contender. Patriots I'm sure will be decent. Bills as a dark horse.

18. NashVol11

And to be fair, pretty much all of that was true of, say, the 2009 Saints

19. NashVol11

You're right, Pittsburgh's front seven on paper is better than I remember. They still need at least one (preferably two) of Shazier/Jones/Dupree to become an impact player though.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That saints team produced a shitload of turnovers and the d was still pretty good