Discussion about guys leaving the team MERGED

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KingWebbsticles, Dec 22, 2011.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

When did he fall behind Dallas? Don't agree about being over hyped either, everybody knew he wasn't a speed guy.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think they were basically equal. Pig would have jumped him eventually on the depth chart IMO.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Arnett was a solid player with upside. He was developing into a good 3rd down receiver.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

No need to spin it like Arnett wasn't going to be a solid contributor going forward. It sucks, but I hope we grant him a release and let him go back home given the circumstances.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dallas was an early enrollee while Arnett was not. Despite that, Arnett got more PT and more catches.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Didn't he finish with around 30 catches?

How many did Dallas have?

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not many. And I thought Dallas was used more outside than in the slot, but i could be mistaken.

8. chavisut

Arnett played a lot more than Dallas all year. Doubtful Pig would have beaten him out either imo GBO

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Pig will be the best slot reciever we have had in years imo. For some reason the loss of arnett does not bother me much. Dont get me wrong I liked arnett I just dont think it really hurts us much in the long scheme of things.

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I liked Arnett and thought he had a lot of potential. I hate to see him go but I understand if he's wanting to be closer to home.

11. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

12. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I merged the Arnett thread into the 85 thread and changed the title. It is good discussion, but I think it is simpler if it is in one place.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Had hopes for him being our third down guy.

Hope his dad is able to recover and that he has a good career at Michigan State.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I keep reading different variations of this theme. It seems to me that folks are putting a lot of faith in a 5'9" 175 lb freshman.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Gerald Jones, for all that happened afterwards, set the bar pretty damn high as regards pure reliability.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Ted Meline and Nukeese Richardson agree.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I still think Teague would have been better at receiver than on defense. Losing Arnett sucks. The depth at receiver isn't nearly as good as some people think. Beyond Da'Rick, Hunter is returning from an injury, Dallas may be solid but still unproven and Zach Rogers is inconsistent. I hope some of the incoming guys like Croom and Bowles can make an impact.

18. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Dallas must stay healthy. Neal must stay on team. Dooley should sell Arnett on leaving for one semester under same rule Janzen left. Then come back in summer.

19. chavisut

Arnett looked pretty solid for a true frosh last year. I'd take him for our team next season over a guy still in HS that might be good. I remember Nuke was going to set the world on fire too.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Of course.

But seriously, I look for 3 freshmen to really see a lot of playing time.

Those are Pig, Crawley and McNeil. Santos, Peters and Croom should all see the field quite a bit, but in limited roles.

Sentimore should be a starter from day 1.