DIY Construction Advice Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by fl0at_, Oct 26, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Never mind. I found the problem.

Unfortunately, the fix would cost too much, so I'm just going to have to live with it.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Try putting some plastic wrap around it to keep the draft on

3. fl0at_

The cause of the draft (my wife) was discovered and temporarily fixed.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahaha

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's funny

6. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

If your wife is cold inside the house, just tell her to sit in the corner! It's always 90 Degrees in a corner. Good luck!

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What is everyones opinion on lawn tractors? Cub Cadet store near the house, but wanted to get other peoples advice.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

How big is property? what are your goals as far as mowing your property? How is the terrain, and what's your price range?

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Make the grass shorter.

10. fl0at_

Scissors is the way to go, then. Nothing gets grass shorter and more even than a good ol' pair of a nail scissors.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

About an acre cleared (4 acres total, but much of it is wooded). We just had about a half acre cleared of underbrush, and need to keep it from growing back. My old lawn tractor (a Murray) died about 4 years ago and I have had a guy mowing my lawn since then. But I doubt he will want to mow over this new area as well, or at least for the same price. And he is getting old. So, thinking of just buying a new lawn tractor/mower and doing it myself again.

The Cub Cadet we were looking at was $1600. I doubt I could want to pay any more than that. I am not looking for high end.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I've got a Tankless hot water heater next to the bathroom. When I turn on the water in there it only takes 5 secs to get nice and toasty. When I turn on the water in the kitchen on the other side of the house I have to wait over a minute for the pipes to flush and warm up. Any suggestions on how to get my hot water through my pipes faster?

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Never had a Cub Cadet but I have a zero turn Husqvarna and I love it.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Is the tankless the only hot water heater?

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I have the same problem, except our kitchen sink takes over two minutes to get warm.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Hahaha

(After reading that it was your wife)

17. fl0at_

We have this ridiculously powerful fan in the baby's room for white noise. But he started crawling and trying to gnaw on cords, so she turned it, rather than putting it up on the dresser. And it created a wind tunnel that traveled under the door, through the hallway and right to the thermostat.

All that cool air blowing on the thermostat kept tripping it because it thought it was about 2 degrees cooler than the air temp.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Will take this into account.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm thinking sheep or goats.

20. fl0at_

This is the do it yourself thread, not the do it to others, thread.