Do you want Kiffin to return to Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Dec 31, 2011.

?

Do you want Lane Kiffin to return as Tennessee's coach?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2012.
  1. Yes

54.5%
  2. No

45.5%
  1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Cosigned

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Why begrudgingly?

Think Michigan State and LSU wouldn't take Saban back just because he left at one time?

Not a better coach out there that could be had for $4M.

3. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I would take him back to have another shot at his wife.

4. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

Yeah, I can't believe that didn't work out for you guys.

5. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

[uck fay] no. you have to be kidding me. funny - the same people who think an 8 win season would be horrible because it would ensure Dooleys continued employment would want this [ock sucker cay] back.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

An 8 win season wouldn't be good. Not because it would mean Dooley is coming back, but just because 8 wins isn't good in general.

7. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Yeah, not quite.

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Yep. Doesn't matter how well she treats your wiener if you have to worry about her [uck fay]ing one of the neighbors every waking minute....it ain't worth it....unless you are into that kind of thing..I guess.

Once a gal like that is gone it is best you keep it that way.

9. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

is that it? If this is a legitimate question, I will say there are extremely higher odds of us landing a better coach than Kiffin. And at the very least, a coach that is on par with him that didn't anger and alienate most of the fan-base.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kiffin is a young coach on the verge of leading an undermanned team to a national title run in his third season at USC. I can't honestly come up with a young guy with his credentials right now.

11. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

Undermanned might be overstating it. They have a lot more talent than we do (partly because so many of his recruits flaked out here)

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a good coach, but I'm confident that if we could get him to come back, we could get someone just as good and one that most of the fanbase doesn't hate. Irrational as many of them may be, it doesn't matter.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He took 46 scholarship guys to Eugene and won. The scholly reductions are about to hit him too.

I'm struggling to find another guy in his mid 30's with a resume as good as his. You do make a good point about the hatred the fanbase has for him. Do you think that would last once he started winning games? Doug Dickey ran off to Florida and later came back as the AD during Tennessee's run in the 90's. Fans forgave him.

(slight edit: Dickey was here in the 80's too. He just presided over that run and some still love him for it)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  13. golfballs03

golfballs03 New Member

It's really a matter of opinion - and depends on what's important to you. The best comparison I can think of off hand is having a hot wife who leaves you for another man. Would you want her back?

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Depends on if I owed her child support

I'm kidding. I would take him back but I would be scared every time an NFL job opened up.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'll call this comparison a stretch.