Dobbs Foot Injury

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 9, 2015.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Just saw this Dobb's quote from the presser: "We did what we needed to do to win based on the plays called." Maybe I'm reading way too much into that, but what purpose is the "based on the plays called" if not to take a shot at your coach?

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Ouch.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Our players aren't stupid, they know their coach sucks. I believe our players are for the most part good people and great competitors, and they won't give anything less than their all. That's why I feel for them, it's a dang tough spot to be in.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Absolutely. These guys have more fight in them than I've seen from a Tennessee team in a long time, and it's being wasted with shitty coaching.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Pig scenario pt deuce

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a subtle insurrection to Dobbs and some of the leaders lately. Little comments and things. "He's banged up." "No I'm not." We didn't take our foot off the gas." Ya we did."

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have to remember that Dobbs is a sharp guy and now has quite a bit of football experience. He probably knows their is dumb assery afoot in the program.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And every lockerroom has the one guy that is the spokesman for the majority. Dobbs is it.

Which is why replacing him a few weeks ago would have fully derailed this already wobbly train.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I asked a friend over there about it, he's legitimately hurt. How much, I have no idea.

For Dormady, why waste reps on a guy who likely won't be here next year?

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Because thats the sorta thing we do.

11. CardinalVol

Disagree. You turn on Jones and he's done with you. He can use you and twist you how he wants, but don't you dare do the same to him.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Insolence. Oh, heaven forbid ... f**k botch "the contrarian"

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It depends on if Butch leaves and his replacement hire.

14. CardinalVol

As of now, I'm operating that he will be back.

15. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

[​IMG]

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that's the most likely scenario. And going into next year there will be tremendous expectations (maybe even moreso than this year-- okay, definitely moreso). Losing that Virginia Tech game could start an epic death spiral.

17. CardinalVol

I was searching for a sarcastic reponse picture, and stumbled upon this, and it seems more fitting all things considered -

[​IMG]

18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Did he try to break his foot off?

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Great movie!! Donald Sutherland has played an array of sorted parts but it's those where "he's out there" that I enjoy most

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If he's getting this worked up over close wins, surely he knows what kind of hell will be unleashed should he lose at home to UF next year. And that will probably the best Gator team he's faced. I'm getting more and more convinced he might bolt in the offseason. I'm thinking all the job openings are going to leave someone with a coach getting hired away late. Panic mode much like USC with Kiffin and then UT with Dooley. That's when Jones gets the call.