Does anyone really want Lyle gone?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by ptclaus98, Oct 20, 2015.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

By that I mean, is there really a groundswell of influential people teetering on that edge? Is there really an undercurrent of anger pointing to his swift demise? Outside of losing to Kentucky(which seems a whole lot less likely than it did two weeks ago) how does he do enough to get fired this year. They had the perfect excuse to oust him with almost no consequences. Yet they did everything to keep him here, and there was no opposition among anyone in the AD, rumored or otherwise. His buyout is too big for anyone to contest, given the risk associated with just hiring him. He's not a good coach, which will keep the teams who can afford him from looking at him. This is another reason why you must make the right hire at a program like Tennessee. If he can't win here, no one wants him

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Unlikely he gets fired. Hope instead that he seeks employment elsewhere.

But believe that he'll be here next year.

3. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

He is not going anywhere.

Which I hate.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Apparently the death threat ploy paid off for him...

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The wheels have to completely fall off at this point, now that he's beaten UGA.

4-8 is what it would take, unless at 5-7, two of the losses are to UK and Vandy.

But even then, I wouldn't be surprised if Hart kept him around.

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Auf Wiedersehen

8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Here's my win/win scenario for the week. He beats bama, a school like Maryland determines that he is their guy, makes a ridiculous offer that he can't turn down, and he leaves.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. ********** knows how to schmooze the masses.

10. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

If he does indeed stay, he MUST make staff changes. Hire a competent OC, WR coach and oline coach at the very, very least. I've got to believe there are some higher ups that are just as frustrated as us lower downs. There has to be. Surely someone will force him to make changes and acquire an SEC level coaching staff and not Central Michigan castaways.

That is what I have to believe as a TN die hard. I have no idea if it is true. I have just a small amount of faith left in anything UT sports. This what we have to cling to...that there is someone just as pissed off as we are that can actually do something about it and will do something about it.

It all really quite sad.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I bet at most there will be 1 staff member change.

12. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

If so then 8th is forming a posse...

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Hopefully Azzani

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We already have.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I like it. What are we gonna tell ourselves next week?

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is on a very short leash.

17. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Shit. That would get him an immediate extension through 2030. On the other hand, beating the Tide might piss off Bama Dave.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Probably could start a favorite car thread or something.

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It wouldnt make any difference. Butch is sold on doing things his way. Anyone he brought in would be brought in to do things his way.

What competent coaches/coordinators would want to come here anyway?

20. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Hard to say. In-depth debates about candy and costumes? We know where Tennessee football is and will remain for a while.