Does It Bother Anyone...

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by volfanjo, Jan 29, 2012.

1. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Shirt, tie, and jacket everyday at work........casual at church.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

It's been awhile since I had to worry about even having freedom to decide what to wear. When I worked for the baseball team I either wore a Cards polo or staff shirt and well now, I get to wear the same thing to work every day. I miss getting to dress up.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I dress up for church just out of pure reverence. However, I could not possibly care any less if someone walks in with a tank top and flip flops on. As long as they're there is my belief.

As for work, a nice collared shirt is all that is required from my principal. However, I throw a tie on at least 3 days a week.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, evidently pride is overrated.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Have to wear a suit and tie to work. I don't mind, but I'd much prefer if I could ditch the tie and go button-up and slacks.

For church, I just don't dress up. I look presentable, but that is about it. Yesterday I wore khakis and a sweatshirt. Typically it's a windbreaker. Most Sundays in the summer I wear shorts. It's just our church culture. If it wasn't I'd probably dress nicer, but I am not complaining. I do wear a suit on Easter though. Can't help it.

If it's a nice meal and such for a date, I do dress up. If we go see a play or musical or something like that, I will wear a blazer and go business casual.

Two places that it drives me most crazy that people don't dress up - when the dinner establishment requests it (such as a dining room on a cruise) and plays/musicals. Have a care for what the situation requires.

6. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I don't get the dress up for church thing either. I used to, but I lost touch with that as I view it as useless. I look presentable, but that's about it. yesterday I was rocking gray colored khakis and one of those nicer looking thermal shirts.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

My body is built for comfort not style.

If I could wear a T-shirt, cammo shorts, and Jerusalem Cruisers on a daily basis (work and church), I would feel soooo much better about myself. Not to mention feel more comfortable which would lead to more production. No suit has ever helped a man get into heaven or made him work harder. It's a control issue to me.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i wear a full suit every day for work and it sucks balls.

9. JayVols

You would be much more productive if didn't have to do this, right? Well, at least you would feel better, perhaps.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd just like to have to not buy a new suit every year or so.

11. JayVols

[MENTION=19]CardinalVol[/MENTION]: And you were making jokes that [MENTION=2]Tenacious D[/MENTION], [MENTION=48]NYYVol[/MENTION], and I wanted to engage in gay activities???????? Pot meet kettle.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I am cultured. Simple as that.

13. JayVols

Cultured: adjective meaning "I like gay shit." :)

14. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I would never wear a tie to work, It could be used as a weapon in my line of work! Just something easy a kid could grab to choke with! I usual don't wear button shirts that can be ripped off.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I just do button-up shirt and slacks for work. I like to dress up for a nice dinner - seems to make the whole thing a little better.

The worst dressing-up experience of my life was the summer I worked in DC. Full suits in the DC summer ... hiking around the city trying to make meetings.....God, help me.

16. Ron Mexico.

Ron Mexico. New Member

No, it doesn't bother me at all. I try to stay out of other people's business.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This site is black tie only and don't you forget it.

18. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

I work in khakis or jeans every day...I do work for a general contractor though.

I don't see the reason to dress crazy nice for church. As long as you have a clean look whether it's wearing jeans and a collared shirt. Come to think of it, I only go to church on Christmas and Easter. I am dressed a little bit nicer for those occasions.

I'll only dress up nice for dinner if someone is buying...not going to put that much effort when it's on my own dime.

19. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

I had to wear a tie and dress slacks at one of my jobs and hated it. They finally switched to dress/casual and it was great. People do abuse the hell out of the casual Friday thing though. I used to work with this girl that wore a purple stretchpants sweatsuit on casual Fridays. We nicknamed her Barney. She looked ridiculous.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, casual Friday should not equal one-piece leotard Day.