Dooley on the offense

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 31, 2011.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

You talk as if he's got a decent roster that he's just wasting. Reality is he inherited a train wreck and is trying to fix it. Given the youth on the roster and the injuries it's amazing that we're in these games at all and are griping about a loss. The reality is we have no reason to expect a win this year, none, zero.

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It sucks that we're just not as good as USCe and Georgia this year but those seeds were sown in the failures of the 2007, 2008 and 2009 recruiting failures. No quick fixes here folks.

3. With Bray and Hunter?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

This team, with Lattimore, was losing 17-0 to East Carolina while Shaw was QB. They barely beat Mississippi State despite having Lattimore for almost the entire game. At full strength, they beat 2-6 Navy by a field goal. It isn't a miracle we hung with them. They aren't any good.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Why not use Devrin Young more on offense? Although he hasn't had the big play yet, he's showed more dynamic potential than the rest of the roster.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm talking about the defense overall.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

USCe is a mediocre football team that has lost its starting QB and best offensive weapon. Tennessee has lost its QB and its best offensive weapon.

The cocks didn't outtalent Tennessee Saturday night.

8. Didnt' pay enough attention to realize you were talking about the D, thought you meant the team as a whole.

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think they are scared to use him more because of his size and ball security issues. You're right though, he's showed some dynamic potential.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Those comments reek of "It's not my fault. The kids suck."

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am pretty sure there is a consensus on the 8th that at the end of the day, none of this shit matters. He is payed to win. All factors leading to that are his to figure out how to manipulate to his favor. Those factors not lining up is just as much an indictment of him as the losses themselves.

That being said, I don't think calling for year 2 championships was reasonable with this group. But I do expect a bowl game.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They do and while it probably is true, your job is to make chicken salad out of chickenshit right now.

13. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Thats a good way to put it and sums up the opinion of some on here. If that's the case, i hope you guys like the taste because it's not gonna change until the next delivery trucks get to Knoxville with more ingredients.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know. This incoming class means a lot to Dooley's future. I haven't given up on him yet, but there issues that aren't all talent related

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I'll settle for some nuggets at this point.