Dooley's former players at La Tech not a fan of his

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 12, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Texas A&M vs. Louisiana Tech: Sonny Dykes' unbeaten Bulldogs aim to upset third BCS program this season - NCAA Football - Sporting News

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Breaking News: [ddiapos] is ringworm.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Bang Bang pow.

4. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Not a surprise at all. It's the same thing we've heard about him since he took the Tennessee job. He is not a players coach and if you are an assistant coach, he is not easy to work for.

He needs to stop acting like Nick Saban and realize Saban gets away with being that way because he wins, and because he is an elite recruiter. Dooley is neither.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Clearly a Negavol IMO.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was gonna post this too. But he says "britches".

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is so shocking I nearly fell into a triple back flip off of a high beam.

8. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Im sure you will hear similar things from our players after Dooley is shown the door.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Plus, there is a method to Saban's madness. Dooley is just an asshole that loses A LOT.

10. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i see that someone put this on VN, and now the sunshine pumpers are saying that those players are jealous, etc

11. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Are you surprised?

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm sure a starter on a top 25 team is really jealous of where Dooley is now.

13. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Because EVERY other KID on every other team loves their head coach. On the flip side I DNGAF if ANY of the kids like the head coach as long as he wins games. Actually, I don't really care whether the kids like the coach at all. It makes no difference to me, and it shouldn't to anybody else either. This would be a non-issue if Dooley was 5-0.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

This might be one of the dumbest things ever posted on this site.

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

one argued the point that Dooley is def a good rebuilding coach, because those seniors are his guys

16. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

no coach would be 5-0 if they play for someone they can't stand, that's a FACT

17. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Then feel free to move right along and ignore it. It makes no difference to me, I know not who you are.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

As a coach myself I'll add this... You're right about the 5-0 to a certain extent. However, not knowing your players, or hell not even acknowledging them proves your an asshole. Dooley's entire resume and career has been built on a house of cards. He was supposedly an attention to detail cat. That's been squashed with every failure that requires the smallest amount of detail. (i.e. counting to 11, getting 7 guys on the line, etc.)

Then you hear what a good guy he is and then you hear stories like this. I've said it many times, you can't fool your players. You can fool the Jerry's in Bulls Gap and the Orange Overall crowd. The guy's a loser and an asshole to boot. Terrible combo.

19. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

You may be right about all of that. What I'm saying is that, don't tell me I can't go find at least one of Saban/Meyer/Bear Bryant/General Neyland/ former players who hates them. In coaching there is no way that many different personalities can all get along. It's not a big deal.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Of course you're going to have players that don't like you. Depends on what they say, though. If they say I hate his ass because he was tough, then you chalk it up to a pansy that couldn't take it. A coach that is considered aloof or unable to be approached is not a good thing. Especially when that's your only redeeming quality supposedly.