Dooley's former players at La Tech not a fan of his

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 12, 2012.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

You're right. Lets focus on his record.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've seen situations where a team unites in their hatred of a coach and goes and plays with abandon and wins because of it. It's pretty rare though. But it should be noted that the coaching graveyard is full of coaches beloved by their players. Love or hate by the players ultimately shouldn't be a hiring criteria. Respect is what matters.

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

That's what is going to get him fired. All the love in the world from your players can't prevent that. Ask Phil Fulmer. Remember the show of support he got from former players when his ass was on the hot seat? How did that go?

4. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

If Dooley was a winner I wouldn't care what the players thought of him. The guy is a loser and he'd be in way over his head at any FBS school. And lol at toos. They defend Dooley about everything

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Okay.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

bad effort

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

That's so thought provoking. I'll work like heck on it.

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

2 words are about the only response I felt you deserved after that useless drivel that not even Dooley's mama believes.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can't say that I disagree with TDC's point. It doesn't change the fact that DD is apparently a jerk and definitely a loser.

10. HypeVol

HypeVol New Member

Certainly.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I actually agree somewhat.

Its harder to fire that guy that everyone likes.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I wouldn't think much of it if the article hadn't said "many" of the older players.

13. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Right. He may very well be a jerk, and we can all see he's not done a lot of winning. But who really cares if ALL the kids on all the teams he's coached like him?

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think the problem is that they players neither like poor respect Dooley. The respect post is the issue.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If you're going to lose, at least be likeable. Maybe folks will give you the benefit of the doubt and keep you around a few months longer.

As it stands, nobody likes him and he's a huge ****ing loser.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm sure all of their players respected them at least. Do you think Dooley garners the respect of any upperclassman in that locker room? HELL NO.