Dooley's Going to Get Destroyed by the Media for This Arnett Fiasco...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Dec 29, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Can you elaborate? I don't recall much ado with any of it.

2. He's allowing him to go to the closest school to hi father.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Good lord. Again?

4. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Also with Brown and the WR that ended up going to Cincy......but Dooley taught them all a valuable life lesson which will equate to more wins at UT. For being a lawyer, he sure is a dumb [uck fay] when it comes to common sense, what could possibly be the positive for the program by taking this stance? All I see is negative which will add to more negative recruiting for us to go up against.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The "logic" behind this stance is that hopefully this will deter other players from leaving and evidently there are a good number contemplating it.

6. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Then the problem is much larger than simply releasing a kid......Hart should be looking dead at this. If a good number of your players are wanting to transfer out, you might want to look at the buffoon with the envious hair.

7. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Ridiculous.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Im fairly certain that Dooley is trying to ruin UT since he knows he is a dead man walking. [uck fay] him!

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So dooley is running a program players don't want to be a part of so he essentially holds a player hostage to hold control over the team?

And kiffin was the jackass?

10. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

The open letter to gvx is pretty rough on the English language, though.

11. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Judge Dooley on the running game or special teams.

If it is me, I release the kid unconditionally and say "I hope your dad gets better"....but I don't see a right or wrong answer. Nor do I see the PR backlash. I don't think there is a win win in a situation like this. Please pardon the silly salesman talk.

12. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

Holyshit just let the kid go... Useless unneeded self-inflicted bad PR.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

[uck fay] it. I've tried making the point on Volquest, but they are [uck fay]ing clueless. Whatever Dooley/UT does is great and you should just shut up and fall in line. Dipshits.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. It shouldn't take the 'AA to step in and fix this. If it comes to that, we have officially derailed. As a whole.
    2. The only way this could be worse is if it was his mom, instead.
    3. If Dooley is doing this to prevent a mass exodus, he may not like what that looks like not only next season, but beyond. A young coach can survive being shitty, but never a mutiny. He's done if this is the case. Here, and anywhere else.

15. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I don't think the AA will do anything because Dooley did grant the release. If he hadn't released him there would be a much better case. There is no way the gestapo removes the restrictions. They don't want "free agency" anymore than the coaches do.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

This is really going to hurt recruiting.

Also if Arnett's dad is really deathly ill, it's a cheap [ock cay] sucking thing to hold over a player.

17. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

To me, there is absolutely a right and wrong way to handle it. Who gives a shit if he goes to Michigan vs. Eastern Michigan? If his excuse is that it will hurt recruiting, what he's doing now will hurt it far more than arnett attending Michigan.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It doesn't matter because this is all about giving a "[uck fay] you" to a 19 year old kid. I would actually respect Dooley more here if he just said no, you didn't talk to me or handle this correctly, or whatever. At least he would be consistent and trying to set a standard to follow. Instead, he pulls out some bullshit reasoning and a list of scrub schools just to give him the finger. Saying "Hey, he can go to Central Michigan, what's the big deal?" is an incredibly dickish move.

19. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I disagree on all counts. It seems to be a pretty routine situation in regards to honoring scholarships/releasing players. I agree that Dooley is incompetent. I just don't see that this situation proves it one way or the other.

Far be it from me to judge Arnett's motives, but we both know this has been in the works for a long time. Dooley is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. The conditional release is fine with me, and I don't think anybody is really going to give a shit. Personally, I think the refusal to release the Cinci receiver is worse than this from "moral" and recruiting perspective.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I agree with Lex that this isn't the first time this kind of thing has happened an I don't recall ever seeing a huge backlash. That said, I still think Dooley should just let him go.