Dooley's Going to Get Destroyed by the Media for This Arnett Fiasco...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

John Taylor from College Football talk used this as a reason to show he hated the vols...I honestly think Dooley did the right thing. This kid does not give a shit about his dad from what I have read. He just wanted to go play with his friend now that Baggett is gone. In the end, I wish we had a coach the players liked so they would not want to do this. That is the real problem. Dooley has to win and win early or this team will blow up next year much earlier then it did last year...we are talking 4-8 type bad if he loses NC state....I would fire him the next day if he loses that game.

2. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Yup. I'll sue your ass in VA or NY. Pick your poison.

And you might be right on the legal point. I didn't take sports law (very popular class...tough to get in).

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Alternatively...I wonder what Janzen Jackson got away with before he finally got the boot? I'm thinking 8 or 9 counts of homicide. At least. Dooley DID NOT want to get rid of that guy. I can't really blame him on that one. Dude is sick and we could have used him.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Ultimately, what stinks is that a coach is able to dictate the destination for a kid. Coaches operate on a year to year basis for scholarships, yet the kids somehow are able to move freely on a year to year basis without the approval of a coach. Arguing that the coach has to look out for the program is a garbage argument. When did the status of an entity like a program trump the status of an individual. It's unsurprising in a society that often places more value on a business over the status of workers, but it's a hugely corrupt and unbalanced system.

Obviously, Arnett is leaving before that year expires, so there is some repercussion, but the idea that a coach can dictate the players destination and then try and pass it off in some big FU manner is disturbing to me.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Karl Marx presents the plight of the student athlete?

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Marx wasn't entirely wrong, for sure.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Actually, that's not accurate. Kenny Thomas sued the NCAA on far more spurious legal grounds to gain eligibility at New Mexico. He won, played there, and went on to play a decade in the NBA. Pretty sure his attorney came out just fine.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That's utter bullshit about what he was trying to do in the Douglas situation. Dooley cared as much about Aaron Douglas as I did Hafez Assad. All he was trying to do was keep Aaron from coming back and bulldozing the litany of lousy defensive lineman Coach Precious has recruited. Dooley is a garbage human being. Period. He's Bruce Pearl with orange pants and a drawl.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I didn't say Dooley gave a suit about Douglas, he was just doing what he was told to do.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Brandon Warren.

11. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

12. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

I don't think anybody outside Saginaw or Knoxville gives a shit. Recruiters will use anything. This isn't going to make or break any recruiting situation. [uck fay]...we lost to a football game to UK.

Dooley may be a self righteous [Penis]....I just don't see as much proof of that in this situation. Many do. I'm cool with that too.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yeah that certainly makes up for him keeping a kid on a 15 foot scissors lift in 60 mph winds.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Totally forgot about that guy.

I could field a team of busts, cast-offs, and transfers from the last few years, and it would probably beat the 2011 Vols by 3 TD's.

15. Only 3?

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Let's play this game if you will going back to 2006. I'll start:

QB: BJ Coleman
    QB: Nick Stephens
    QB: Nick Lamaison
    RB: LaMarcus Coker
    RB: Bryce Brown
    RB: Toney Williams
    RB: Lennon Creer
    RB: David Oku
    WR: Ahmad Paige
    WR: Kenny O'Neal
    WR: Nukeese Richardson
    WR: Ted Meline
    WR: E.J. Abrams-Ward
    WR: Slick Shelley
    WR: Todd Campbell
    WR: Deanthony Arnett
    OL: Cameron Mayo
    OL: Kevin Revis
    OL: Preston Bailey
    OL: Aaron Douglas
    OL: Malcolm Rawls
    OL: Darius Myers
    OL: William Brimfield
    OL: Darris Sawtelle
    TE: Brandon Warren

DL: Cory Hall
    DL: Martaze Jackson
    DL: Relando Melancon
    DL: Montori Hughes
    LB: Chris Donald
    DB: Demtrice Morley
    DB: Janzen Jackson
    DB: Pat Martin
    DB: Antonio Wardlow
    DB: Brent Vinson
    DB: Mike Edwards
    DB: Darren Myles

The skill positions aren't terrible and the secondary is probably fifty times better. The trenches are downright awful though.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

That's a shitty ass team.

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You don't think Nick Lamaison to Todd Campbell touchdowns would happen all day long under the right coaching? lol.

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

That list illustrates how bad a recruiter Fulmer was in his later years.