Dreams....

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by wildnkrazykat, Jan 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I seriously considered chemistry/chemical engineering. A Chinese professor in Chem 101 took care of that. Dude couldn't speak a lick of English much less Appalachian. Name was Huang- pronounced "Wong". My first thought when I saw the name was "Hu'-ang". I can't even begin to describe how the guy said "calcium".

Call me crazy, but in order to teach a college class in an English speaking country, I think the professor should be able to speak at least semi-coherent English.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I had multiple TAs that could barely speak English. Most in math from Russia or other eastern block nations.

My frosh year computer science class the first day the prof comes in and says his goal is to flunk out 50 percent of the class. This was back during the dot com boom when everyone wanted to program and they just didn't have the space in the major. He got his wish. I survived a year longer, but I wish I had bailed earlier.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I had a computer science class. Woman said something similar. I immediately zipped up my backpack & walked out in the middle of her spiel. Did the exact same thing in a philosophy class except I added the word "buuuullshiiit" on my way out.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Russian math teachers were a breath of fresh air compared to Indian ones I frequently had.

5. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Just dreamed we looked out the window and the water pipes in our church had exploded. Everything in And outside was drenched.

6. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I dropped Math 300 because I couldn't understand a word the Indian teacher was saying. I subsequently picked it up when taught by this Polish guy. It remains the best class I ever had.

7. wildnkrazykat

I dreamed I was at a private announcement, along with some big boosters, that Lane Kiffin was coming back to coach UT. He was very likable.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Subtle "he hit it" post about your dream.

9. wildnkrazykat

He didn't. Layla was there. Apparently she was being hired in some capacity too because He was talking about how she was only one of 5 people in the country to have this advanced degree in university recruitment and promotion.

10. farmersdaughter

farmersdaughter Active Member

Kat, its time. Just admit it. You like us :)

11. wildnkrazykat

I liked sitting there about 5 feet from lane Kiffin. He's that annoying kind of hot

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

So many excellent leads here.

13. Tenacious D

What type of qualities (physical or otherwise) do you find most attractive about Lane Kiffin?

Don't say them here, just privately make a list of them. Once done, really carefully consider each item on that list, and much of this dream will come into better focus. Perhaps sharply.

**Quick Edit**
    If you say "nothing" about him is attractive, you're either in denial, delusional or fibbing.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My biochem prof was from Sri Lanka. Name was Pinnaduwagee. Nice lady. Really hard to understand when she said Good Morning, much less biochemistry nonsense. Plus that was my last semester, with no aspirations other than 'finish' on the line.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

Last night I dreamed that my teeth were falling apart and out. I brushed for like 5 minutes this morning.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I missed supper and lunch on Saturday. That night, I dreamt of giant pancakes as tall as a man.

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I always have that dream lol.

18. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

My Calculus III and Diff-Eq professor was Indian (dotted). Spoke like he had a mouth full of rocks ... hardest 3 months of my damn life.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

People are telling me that this means there is some emotional issue I fear that I need to confront. It must be so terrifying that I have completely repressed it because I can't think of anything

20. Tenacious D

Kat's is the only one of any interest or which hold much interpretive value beyond the obvious.