Duck Dynasty

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

For the life of me, I just can't get into this show.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The look on Jase's face, especially in the interview, made it. Took it to the next level.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

On the second show of the new season, I heard a word I have never heard on TV before. During the scene with Si's Hunting poodle dog, as the dog walked away from them and Phil said,"Look at the Cods on that dog!" I lost it. I almost fell off the couch laughing!

4. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

I did, too. But you know, he was right. Big 'uns. I laugh my way through every show, my wife just shakes her head.

Still like the one where they went on strike as well as the one with the "redneck water park"

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Caught the show for the first time on Wednesday, and this was my exact take.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[video=youtube;PXVCzo6M640]http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_793157&feature=iv&src_vid=7KwrmlTPI8w&v=PXVCzo6M640[/video]

This is how he got started droski

7. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

I agree on the staged part. I think probably they "recreate" alot of things that have happened over the years.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

All of these reality shows are staged, look at Pawn Stars, Chumlee makes 25,000 per episode and they act like he has to take out a loan and work overtime to get a Harley they took in that's worth less than 10,000. Storage Wars shows these guys racking up yearly wages at every auction they attend and just so happens that almost all the lockers have some sort of rare valuable in it? If it were that profitable, wouldn't more people do auctions and if the items in the space were so valuable, wouldn't the tenant pay their rent?

Duck Dynasty is no different, they amplify their personalities for the show but I still enjoy watching.

The worst form of reality TV is anything Tru TV and Spike put out. Operation Repo has to be the worst I've ever seen.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That's pretty awesome. Of course the other 99 guys who tried this are now on welfare.

10. egotistical

egotistical New Member

DD is almost too scripted to watch now, but it wasn't always that bad. This season it seems like everyone is reading straight from a script.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm sure they set up things for the guys to do. Like when phil took his grandaughter and her boyfriend out fishing. I don't think they have writers the same way some other shows do. pawn stars on the other hand clearly has writers. I love it when an idiot like big hass starts talking like an expert about something that happened 50 years before he was born. like he's some sort of history buff and knows this stuff on the fly. absurd

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I know a lot of people that don't have a pot to piss in but don't get on welfare because they're too proud. They haul brush, firewood, and whatever else they can to get by in life. I have a lot of respect for people like that

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i agree. phil doesn't strike me as the welfare type at all.