POLITICS Dumb Kids

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Auburn logo-shaped birthmark.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Sue me.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

My wife and I had children less than 2 years after we were married. We knew each other but we hadn't really taken the time to really 'know' each other. I think it's great for a couple to take the time to find out about one another and learn to enjoy common interests before having children. Having kids added a lot of years to that process of 'getting to know one another' phase because, once children come, there is nothing else in your world. For a few years at least.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

slow to crawl, walk and didn't really look at us and non verbal. My suggestion to any parent is go check it out if any concerns Nothing to be embarrassed about and getting kids help early is key. I've known some parents and I knew their kid was on the spectrum, but they didn't investigate and the battle is harder. My son wouldn't be where he's at without the help he received beginning with early intervention with motor skills, occ therapy, speech therapy, etc.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Not worth my time.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

As long as that time is spent not reproducing, I'm happy.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Good talk.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ha, alcoholic dad says that's bullshit

smokysbark likes this.
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’ve actually known some alcoholics that were pretty solid fathers.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've known many pretty solid alcoholics that were fathers, few who were pretty solid fathers. But maybe my threshold for what constitutes an alcoholic is high.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The wealthiest people I know might actually be the crappiest parents I know. The kind of parents where even though they’ve got enough money (inherited) to never have to work or worry about at least through their grandkids ever working are still doing such a bad job you know their kids will be unhappy even with a life of luxury.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I mean, these guys weren’t Nicolas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas, but if you took alcohol away for a couple of days, they’d be really hurting.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I don’t care who you are that’s funny right there.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, functional alcoholics can be solid fathers.

kmf600 likes this.
  15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No. Functional alcoholics are adept at appearing to be "functional" - to friends, husbands, co-workers and fathers. But not to kids. Kids know.

It'd be more accurate to say that functionally alcoholic fathers are less obvious but still terrible fathers.

IP and The Dooz like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So true.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My oldest, he's six, threw up in the middle of the night and decided to clean up. He's extremely independent, not necessarily a bad thing. Well, he takes the vomit covered sheets off his bed to the laundry room. There is puke from his bed, across the house all the way to the laundry room. He brushed his teeth and laid down on the couch. I got up because I heard him, he told me what he did and I just couldn't stop laughing. It was a terrible mess, but hey, he tried.

ptclaus98 likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, my dad never missed anything important in my life, he just had a beer either in a cooler or in his hand.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Big Daddy and news paper comes to mind.

kmf600 and justingroves like this.
  20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Well said.