POLITICS Dumb Kids

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Aug 14, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We've got a kid on our team who is one of the biggest conundrums I've ever had in the field. Kid has a lot of raw talent and when he wants to is one of the 5 best players on the field. He may also just walk on sprints. Never seen a 8 year old was so much issue with authority.

Have no idea of home life other than parents are divorced. Dad is at everything and supports him. Not the situations described earlier. Something is not right, and I cannot figure it out.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Tmi, but my mom sufferered from depression and never came to watch me play. It bothered me. I think its why i tried to play all sports. Didnt want to go home. Kid could be bothered by his mom not around. Just a guess.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My youngest son is this way. Just doesn't care about team games, and does well when he wants to, but for the most part would rather not be in the confines of an organized game.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I honestly don’t think scheme matters that much.

Coaching is all about relationships and logistics.

It’d be hard to do just seeing them in the evening at football practice in youth or being a paraprofessional at a school.

NYY likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

No, different than that. Hes just borderline bipolar it seems. Lots of emotional issues. Cant figure out what is legit, what is for attention, and the why behind both.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Wife had to go and get pregnant again so now I have to wait 18 more years to have that freedom. I was only about 14 years away. I love my kids to death but some days running a business and taking care of young kids is a major challenge. I am so lucky to have a wife that is a super mom, otherwise I think I would go crazy some days.

7. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Best way to get a kid to behave? Drag them outside around dusk of a hot summer day and wear him out by making him collect chopped wood and carry it to a pile to be stacked. The progeny(ies) will be so worn out when it's time to go inside, they won't have energy to be the [uck fay]ing monster(s) that their age encourages them to be.

My boy is an enthusiastic if not uncoordinated and inefficient stacker, I'll give him that.

justingroves likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I have mine pick up dogshit.

9. CardinalVol

Weve got a really dumb kid on our team.

7 year old dumb kid whose parents are divorced. Dad lives in crossville and believes his kid is so dumb that he shouldnt play football. So every weekend we have a game he goes to his dads on Friday and on Saturday his dumb mom drives down to pick up this dumb kid and then drives him back after it.

Kid is not the best player in the world and is so dumb he wants to be a running back. So Tuesday night, being the dumb coach I am, I let him run the ball in a b game. Two or three carries. And man, mind you, this kid is very dumb, and he was as excited as hes ever been and was telling his parents it got to live his dream running the ball. Wednesday morning was still giddy.

He had a rough practice Thursday, because dumb kid and all, he had one because we are pushing him to be a better player and make him work. Misses last night because hes at his dads. Shows up this morning late, and obviously doesnt want to play.

Turns out his dad reminded him how dumb he was last night and how bad he is at football. Just dumb and terrible. And probably for his beat, because he is dumb.

But, we as a coaching staff might be dumber. Because today made him a captain with the A team. And we got a big big lead, and our b team got in and scored, and i was so dumb i let him run the ball some more. He didnt score, and its probably for the best, because this dumb coach was going to send video of it to his dad with the message of watch this then go put your mouth on a 12 gauge and pull the trigger.

Oh yeah, and at halftime, this kid is so dumb that while we were warming up, he wasnt thinking about how bad he was, he ws LAUGHING and having fun. And this dumb coach thought it was some of the sweetest laughter hes ever heard on a football field.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

That dad needs an ass beating.

11. CardinalVol

Apparently the dad likes to tell people how dumb they are and has shown up at other teams events and caused a scene. And our dumb coaching staff would love for that to happen.

justingroves likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hope you and your staff get to make his acquaintance.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'll make the drive to beat his ass so you all won't get in trouble