Early thoughts on South Carolina

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I just think this is still a college team with young kids and they'll go up and down a bit. They were way up for playing Alabama and I wonder if it will be hard to maintain this level for another week.

2. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

They way they played against bama should be fuel to the fire. They should see these last 5 games as very winnable and they should be hungry. I have high confidence in Pruitt being able to keep the fire under their asses.

Oldvol75 likes this.
  3. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Install JJ in the wildcat on 50% of your plays. Script the hell out of Q1. Get an early turnover. Fans get loud.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Kinlaw’ll give Maurer another concussion by just looking at him.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt's post game speech to the team was pretty much I'm proud of you all, pack your shit we're going home to win every [uck fay]ing game from here on out

Memtownvol, Ssmiff, Oldvol75 and 3 others like this.
  6. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

Love it.

7. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Can't let Maurer play Saturday - maybe not the rest of this season. Another smack to the head and the poor guy could spend the rest of his life with some serious issues.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Go code red on JG and its a W. If he touches the field its an L.
    Same thing on repeat since spring. People understandably thought with what Chaney did with Crompton, he could work a miracle with JG. Difference has always been that Crompton was a good, grounded dude and wasnt a [ussy pay].

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Makes me hard.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

SC just hung with Georgia...

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Pruitt comments on JG today make it sound like we’ll probably see him on Saturday.

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

USC is clearly a better team.

Shrout or Jennings at QB + Muschamp defense = Tennessee loss.

They’re not going to blow us out, but it’ll be a solidly workmanlike 10-20 point win for the Gamecocks.

13. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Talk is cheap.

JG’s problems are no longer largely contained strictly to the field. The team knows what he did on Saturday.

IMO, JMHO.

14. Ssmiff

he will be booed and people will talk about how it was embarrassing to hear, blah, blah, blah. I'm thinking about taking a son and going up and back. If the week goes and I think JG will start or play, we aren't going.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It’s really hard to imagine him taking the field now. There’s no coming back from that 4th down fumble. Even if we can’t throw the ball and Shrout goes down, you’d rather have Jennings or Jordan in the wildcat.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I rather Tenny be behind center than JG

Tenacious D likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

He would set the delay of game penalty record. Can you imagine how long his audibles would be.

smokysbark, reVOLt, utvol0427 and 6 others like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

lord, jg may yet ride again

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I dont know that I'd say they are clearly the better team, but I do believe if we play them without Maurer they will win.

20. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I wouldn't be surprised to see him start Saturday