Early thoughts on South Carolina

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

the groan level from the crowd wouldn't be worth it. Start Dwight Shrout or JJ. Sneak JG in if he has to for some reason. Starting the game with him is an immediate momentum shift to SC before kickoff, for every player on the field.

awebb7 likes this.
  2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That and the fact your offense is going to take the field on every series to a chorus of boos.

It can't be undone IMO.

3. Gator H8R

Gator H8R Member

This. I would hate that for the rest of the offense. Not so much for JG. He deserves it.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Legit stung, but fair.

5. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Really when we think about it what choice does Pruitt have? He’s got a near no experience QB in Shrout, and a medical enigma in Maurer(depending on the actual prognosis and medical evaluation, not here say or rumors), and an experienced QB who has a small measure of talent but is faulty in judgement and erratic, his teammates vote no confidence, and he’s crapped his pants in credibility. So now we’re gonna gimmick our way past a team that beat Georgia with a wildcat WR? I don’t envy Pruitt, his options are less than limited.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mississippi State 02, James Banks was the qb, went 3 of 8 and Tennessee ran it 50 times. They won 35 to 17. I'm all for that Saturday

7. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That Tennessee team was infinitely more talented than that MSU team, not really a reasonable comparison. Not say I don’t think it’s possible Tennessee could win that way.

8. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I’m all for a win , I’d have to see it to believe it. I hope you’re right.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

[uck fay] Auburn

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Jennings needs to take every snap at QB

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I completely and honestly and wholeheartedly believe with everything that is within me that this truly is the only path to victory outside of Maurer miraculously getting cleared.

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

For sure

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

if Pruitt thinks JG gives us the best shot, so be it. ultimately it is he who will be judged by wins and losses.

Volokie and Oldvol75 like this.
  14. BigOrangeBeech

Shrout must be really bad is all I can say.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Turnover machine

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

maybe he isn't bad, maybe his play just doesn't line up well against South Carolina. they have a solid secondary that can make plays. he is known to be ready to chuck it up. Not an ideal match up.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a gigantic vagina that would rather throw an interception than take a hit according to people that watch practice.

18. BigOrangeBeech

This is what I have read a lot.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Sounds like the anti-JG. maybe if we put them together they’d annihilate

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Shrout can sling it but doesnt appear to have much idea as to speed of the ball and accuracy.