Eat Shit, Stoolwater State.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Sep 10, 2016.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Great effort, Gumby.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They are definitely eating shit. Actually, they would probably prefer to eat it rather than what they just got served.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Poke fans are [itch bay]ing that cmu should have never had a chance at the hailmary. Apparently an untimed down was awarded. Anyone see this? I missed the game

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

yeah. I don't know the rule, but you shouldnt be able to win a game by doing something illegal (grounding). if untimed down there is not the rule, it should be.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Isn't that the rule from Dooley and Carolina, regarding penalties with favorable outcomes to winning at the end of regulation?

6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeeeeep.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I turned it off when the clock ran out and FS1 changed the scoreboard to "final." Oops

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Is it? I thought that rule was just the 10-second runoff if the trailing team cheated to stop the clock. If this is also part of the rule, I didn't know about it

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know.

10. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

That case should really be like soccer, where the judgement should be based on who the penalty would benefit.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Officials have admitted they screwed the pooch. Game should have ended on the intentional grounding call.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does that mean the result changes?

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Don't know.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

seems like a case where common sense should prevail.OK State shouldn't be able to commit a penalty to end the game in their favor.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It was intentional grounding; if no untimed play then what would have been their punishment under the rules. Apparently nothing.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

A 10 second runoff, and ball game.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You are correct

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Regardless who was involved, sans Bammer, Ohio State & Florida, officials suck. All of them. A "good" official is as much of a myth as the Easter Bunny. These incompetent asshats are being allowed to determine the outcome of games that no one ever pays a dime to watch them. This is happening at ALL levels of sport whether it's not knowing the very rules of the game they are charged with enforcing all the way to having a preconceived notion who they THINK should win and making calls to ensure that outcome. It's damn ridiculous. The sum[itch bay] on our opponent's sideline flagged us nearly every damn time we ran a play to his side. No shit. I guarantee he flagged us on 90% of the plays ran to his side. We still doubled them up, 42-21, but we did it having to run away from his side the entire 2nd half, sans 3 plays. Guess what. He flagged us on those 3 plays.

I hate the crooked, incompetent bastards. They are as bad as used car salesmen & politicians, quite possibly worse.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

While making no sense, yes.

But it's not up to the refs to right that. They are charged with enforcing the rules only. There's a reason they wear stripes. They all are crooks.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I had a game winning 60 yard interception return called back this week due to an inadvertent whistle by a referee. No one around the guy to tackle him and he blows his whistle at the Ten yard line thinking it was the goal line. Ball goes back to them, and we lose by four.