Ed O: Not opposed to being a DL coach

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Hoss Diesel, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Hoss Diesel

Hoss Diesel New Member

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/ne...ys-being-with-family-after-years-on-the-road/

“I think we’re in a good position because we’re about to see what jobs come open,” Orgeron said. “If there is interest in me becoming a head coach, that’s obviously an advantage. I’m not opposed to going back to college and being a defensive line coach and recruiting coordinator, and I’m not opposed to going to the NFL. I’m young (53) and I think things will work out for a reason."

I know its crazy talk, but could we possibly replace Jancek with Ogre?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I wouldn't want Ed O as a defensive coordinator. The less responsibility he has the better.

I would hire him immediately as a defensive line coach and a recruiting coordinator

3. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

I agree with Justin, but it doesnt matter because I cant imagine anybody hiring him back at UTK based on how he and kiffin left... Fans would turn on Jones, IMO... On t'other hand, yawyaw yaw yaw yawwwwww yaawwwww.... :) ...thats always fun.

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He will never coach at Tennessee again. Not with the current administration.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Amazing how he got humble after a couple of months of no interest.

6. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

No Orgeron thread is complete without:

[video=youtube;6n1KPQmdddY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1KPQmdddY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

One of the best position coaches in the business. I still wouldn't really want to see him employed by UT again.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I would take him back in a heartbeat - as DL coach / recruiting coordinator. But such would require not only a wholesale change in the University's leadership structure, but also in the entire Compliance Dept. (I safely imagine).

But, if bringing O back resulted in a wholesale change in the University's leadership.....that's the single strongest point on his resume, IMO.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would take O back as a position coach. Wouldn't even hesitate.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Tell 'em, Jojo!

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You hesitate with O, you die.

12. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Take Orgeron, the Orge back??????????!!!!!!!!!!???????????? NEVER! Clandestine call to players he had recruited on the UT's dime to leave the program and follow him to USC is snake belly low. With someone exhibiting such a lack integrity, bring them back into the UT? Why in 'hale' would you even halfway think of of doing that? Once a cheater and a liar, such tends to stay that way. And lies in wait for the opportunity to present it self to repeat what they really are deep down inside. I say try to steal Dan Quinn or Travis Jones. A pipe dream for sure but try it anyway. Character wise, the Orge isn't worth dried spit on the sunward side of Mercury.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Some guys around here say those calls are a myth.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Given butch's recruiting the past two years I'm not sure stones should be thrown

15. KenTenn

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Winner!

17. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Agree that was low but you think if Thig left you think he wouldn't do the same thing. It's the nature of the business. These guys are great recruiters by being nice guys all the time

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I had to check the URL to make sure I was on the correct site.

19. KenTenn

Perhaps, but I'll take the innocent until proven guilty path. If Thig does this then I'd have to say put him in a recently empty sauerkraut jar, screw the lid on tight and drop it off the north rim of the Grand Canyon.

20. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

Ignorance is bliss.