Elder Scrolls 5 – Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WM, Aug 23, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't my inter-racial marriage to Jenessa is about the most interesting thing going.

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Haha...maybe that's why I'm so far behind you guys.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't get sucked into sprinting through and Elder Scrolls game. It isn't worth it. The game is much more enjoyable as a slow burn.

The great thing about them is you really get your money's worth out of these Bethesda RPG's.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Shoot I kind of hope real life marriage is like this. All Ysolda does is give me 100 gold a day, bonuses for sleeping with her, cook me something anytime I tell her to, and never says a word when i spend 5 straight days out doing God knows what besides "Hello, my love, back from some adventure I bet?"

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm not, I actually enjoy taking the long way around in this game. In Oblivion I fast traveled, but decided I wouldn't do that in this game unless it was necessary. I often take days to finish a simple quest b/c I discover ruins and stuff along the way.

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I'm not far in the main quest at all.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I fast-travel some depending on where I'm going, usually if I'm heavy-laden or not quite prepared to fight a dragon.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm trying to quit carrying and picking up so much stuff. It just isn't really worth the hassle, and you can't sell it all anyway.

9. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Going to restart a super mage dude, trying to not use any weapons other than a dagger. I want destruction and conjuration to be my main shit. Give me player build suggestions.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is exactly what my main character is. I started as a Breton. Obviously I used the Mage sign at first, later switched to apprentice. You can use alteration magic as your "armor" if you'd like, and spend perks into it. I was going with about a 3:1 magicka-health ratio most of the time.

11. WM

WM Active Member

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

TIFWIW, but all of Tamriel was present in Oblivion. This doesn't necessarily mean anything.

13. SmokeyVol.

SmokeyVol. New Member

[video=youtube;Yxg9LLo010g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxg9LLo010g&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

OTtN6.jpg .

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  15. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

***************GLITCH/CHEAT/SPOILER ALERT********************

***Level up glitch - I realize that everyone feels different when it comes to cheats and glitches so if you do not wish to know then don't proceed forward. You've been warned, so click the "Agree" button to continue at your own risk.***

[HIDE]

Level up glitch -

So here's the deal - a friend sent this to me and I verified it works last night. There's a way (glitch) to level up and max out all of your skills/attributes. In doing so not only do you max out your skills/attributes, but you accrue all of those perk points as well. Before you can do this you need to complete the "Discerning the Transmundane" quest. When you complete that quest you'll get a book called the 'Oghma Infinium.' DO NOT READ THIS BOOK when you get it. Save it...

Once you have the book:

1. Go to a book case
    2. You should see a "activate bookcase" action - select it
    3. Browse to your books and select to "store" the 'Oghma Infinium' book
    (DO NOT CLOSE OUT)
    4. Browse back up to the bookshelf and take the 'Oghma Infinium' book
    5. Browse back to your books and read it
    6. Select whichever area you want to add the points to
    7. Store the book back on the bookshelf
    (DO NOT CLOSE OUT)
    Perform steps 4-7 until you max out everything you want out. Once you've maxed something out at 100 it simply will not appear anymore in the process.

Here's a video showing you the steps I just listed:

[video=youtube;LrcD8EVJQw0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrcD8EVJQw0[/video]

Once you do this, you can go to the "level up" screen and it will ask you to choose which area you want to add more points to (Magic, Health, Stamina) as many times as you leveled up in the process while reading. Once you do that it will show however many perk points you accrued due to leveling up and you can then distribute them however you want. This will probably be patched soon, so do it soon if you want to take advantage of it. It would probably be wise to save it prior to leveling up or making any changes so you can go back and decide on something else.

[/HIDE]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  16. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Does this work on xbox? I don't see the point if you're on a PC. You can do pretty much whatever you want through the console.

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I would assume it does since it works on the PS3. It's pretty straight forward and easy to do. My advice would be to save before you try and after (prior to leveling up) so you can go back and try different perks.

18. WM

WM Active Member

Tempting, but i will earn my shit.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have a character I did it on, at first by stumbling on the bug by chance. Pretty sweet, but it sort of kills the desire for that character.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

lol - I used console additions on my main guy for speech, sneaking, and Light armor stuff now I have no desire to play him anymore. That's why I made a new guy. Thing is I didn't do it till level 48.. should've just not been tempted.