Elon Musk is in “Bonkersland”?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 25, 2018.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what earnings? short interest is very high.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

in rising markets these type of stocks will always go up like crazy. they'll also drop like a rock when there is a downturn

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

gcbvol likes this.
  5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We're gonna put these trucks right next to our DeLoreans.

gcbvol likes this.
  6. gcbvol

Stans gotta stan.

7. gcbvol

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But will they make a time machine out of one?

9. fl0at_

I thought this one was their time machine.

10. gcbvol

11. fl0at_

12. gcbvol

That's really cool.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

15. gcbvol

Haha. "We've seen this before with Audi...investigation determined user error"

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with the NHTSA. Audi denied there was a problem almost right up until the recall if I recall correctly (pun fully intended). Recalls are more political than the average consumer knows. I'm not an expert, but such things were taken as a given when I worked in the auto industry. Some manufacturers seemed to get by with a lot. If you look at the recalls surrounding the 5000 for example, it's not like they had an exactly smoking gun for the problem. If you and Tesla are right, it may not matter. The recall may happen anyway especially if they are on the poor pitiful end of car manufacturer politics. They shouldn't feel picked on too much though. Every other new manufacturer or planned new manufacturer has had to deal with the same thing. It's what happens when the government becomes powerful enough for someone to buy a stake in it. Check out Elio for example. Lots of the same problems.

17. gcbvol

I think the good thing for Tesla is they collect tons of data and can pinpoint exactly what happened, they have the receipts. That's the major difference between now and Audi in the 80s. The other point with this Tesla complaint is the petition was raised by a short seller who does not even own a Tesla. Apparently Tesla has already reviewed most/all of these cases with NHTSA. This is a pretty clear and pathetic attempt to hurt the share price.

18. gcbvol

Holy cannoli

[​IMG]

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That seems insane. I wish I had bought some a year ago. I'd sell it so fast your head would spin.

20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

More dollars traded today on Tesla than have ever traded for any stock ($34 B).