Elon Musk is in “Bonkersland”?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 25, 2018.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have seen multiple people note performance problems in the last few days, but I haven't noticed anything.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

My Twitter experience has actually improved a lot compared to even a week or so ago. But who knows for sure. If I had to bet though I'd guess Twitter is still a thing in 5 years.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I'm not crazy about the for you and following split. I'm getting use to it but don't really see the benefit of it.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was getting a whole lot of Elon posts in the "for you" side so I blocked him. I suspect that was its purpose, to put his stuff in front of you even if you didn't follow.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Never thought about that but it's completely plausible. It just feels off to me.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I never got a whole lot of his stuff. But the “for you” part seems like it used to be when you switched between “latest” and the other, except worse

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Biggest tech gripe I have is that if someone deletes a tweet and reposts a corrected version, if you refresh it keeps going back to that first deleted tweet for a good bit. I've always used "latest" or whatever it's called now, so I have no clue on the algorythms.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Yea that is annoying

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I hate that they killed latest - dumbest move ever. I don't want to read a 3 day old tweet in my feed. Also I stopped using the for you once Musk decided to prio his own shitty meme tweets and pollute the feed.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

“Following” pretty much gives me “latest”

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Following scopes the feed down to who I'm following but its like a random number generator decided to sort the tweets. Latest used to give me the newest tweets at the top and older as I scrolled down. Now its a shit show where I see a 3 day old tweet followed by a 15 min old tweet followed by a 12 hr tweet.

IP likes this.
  15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

“Following” is basically the same thing as “Latest”, far as I can tell.

I also would rather read tweets as they happen in chronological order so I’ve found no real change other than they name is something different.

I [uck fay]ing hate the shitty ads in the comment section of people’s tweets. Comments are the best part of Twitter but I find myself giving up on them as soon as I see the ad.

IP likes this.
  16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My feed was a hot mess for a while, but I hadn't updated the app since July. I'm guessing that was my biggest problem.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

It was a [uck fay]ing disaster this morning around 7 but it seems to be sorted and fine now.

IP likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

I'm getting a CB radio ad popping up on my feed now. I have no idea how the algorithm came up with this but I'm highly intrigued. Could be a fun purchase.

zehr27 and IP like this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

10-4 good buddy!

CardinalVol likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

[​IMG]

NorrisAlan likes this.