End of Season Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Nov 24, 2018.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

1. Today was the culmination of a shitty last decade. My guess is those that are disgusted in the locker room will be the ones that we see stay and turn this thing around. The other, that have been infested with a losing culture, will be told their services are no longer needed. That’s not a bad thing.

2. Jury is still out on Pruitt.

3. Jury has returned a guilty, or read GTFO, to Helton. No rhyme or reason to our offense. No pulse on situations or what the defense is giving you. If the hole is round, quit trying to pound the square peg in it.

4. I’ll know more about Pruitt on how he handles Will Friend. Does he put winning and hiring the best over his past relationship?

5. This team was not prepared today. That starts at the top. Not a good showing for CJP, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt...

6. Most notably because no coach worth his salt will ever say it publicly, but sometimes you just want the season over. When you want to win, and willing to prepare to win more than your players do... there comes a time when you just cut your losses and get it over with. The culture within the program is split. The MAC level losers that were recruited by a loser are never going to get better.

7. Games are won and lost in the trenches. The misconception is spread offenses can get away with subpar lines. Can’t be further from the truth. Scheme sucks, ability sucks, desire sucks.

8. If you want to see the makeup of this team, look at how they reacted to Vanderbilt still throwing up big in the 4th. Pull that shit with an Al Wilson or a Raynoch Thompson led defense and multiple players from Vandy are going to ER, or a morgue. Not condoning playing dirty, but you throw on me up big... you’re going to regret it come tomorrow morning. Our bunch of losers just played the part and let Vandy continue to go in dry.

9. This recruiting class is huge. We have to flip the script sooner rather than later.

10. Fulmer and the rest of the AD is giving Pruitt everything he is asking for. That’s great and how it should be. But if you don’t perform with all your desires met, you are speeding up your clock.

Volgrad98 and Memtownvol like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I told my wife at the time of the late throw that I woulda been ejected. Better be known my last game for getting pissed about getting whipped and it rubbed in my face than taking it and doing nothing. Cheap or not. Who cares.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Same guys that watch Guarantano get killed late with cheap shots and just shrugged their shoulders.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We have one guy whom I would definitely take to a knife fight and he plays WR. We have to rid the program of softness, stupidity and indifference. It's far more rampant than I thought.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

At this point we may have 50 guys during spring ball.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

And that would be fine with me.

NorrisAlan and NYY like this.
  7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You’re either in or you’re out.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'd take Will Ignont and Darrell Taylor too

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Very well put. Huge emphasis needs to be put on closing this recruiting class out as a top 10 class and getting a quality OC. Also need to turn over every rock in regards to grad transfers.

chavisut likes this.
  10. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Open the books for Chaney and Pittman. Chaney's playcalling has improved but he's still questionable at points.

World's better than Helton and if we get Pittman that makes it completely worth it.

Friend hasn't done a bad job specifically, but a hypothetical package deal requires some cuts.

justingroves and chavisut like this.
  11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I should note I don't see Chaney and Pittman coming here and leaving one of the most talented offenses in the country for this shit show.

Unless there is significant friction between them and Smart or they simply love Knoxville that much, they aren't coming.

12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It sounds like they are well past significant friction.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Friction level in Athens is fat girl wearing yoga pants

sbradle4, Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  14. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I am really anxious to see how this recruiting class ends up. I'm hoping that we are pulling some bama type recruiting where we tell some of these players "hey sign with us, we'll grayshirt you but don't worry we'll make sure your schooling and everything will be paid for until we can get you on scholarship officially", sign over the limit and then CP just starts cutting all the ones that don't deserve to be here.

Tenacious D and Memtownvol like this.
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

In.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

After UF (game 4) it looked like 3-9 or 4-8.

After AU (game 6) 6-6 possibly 7-5

After UK (game 10) 6-6 possibly 7-5

Then we look like we dont care for 2 straight weeks after we have our best overall performance. There wasnt really a build up to the last 2 weeks.

Weird year.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Sums it all up pretty good. Still cant figure out what I watched the last 2 weeks after beating UKs brains in.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I am for exactly this thing.

All day.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That video of Derek Mason’s goofy dumbass needs to be played on a continuous loop in the football facility until the next time Tennessee beats Vandy.

Jesus.

We are in hell.

awebb7 likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Radio whipped our ass again