Ending of Butch's press conference

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 25, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hey!

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

"Better than [ddiapos]" might be the single stupidest argument in existence.

Just because getting kicked in the balls is preferred over castration - it doesn't make being kicked in the balls somehow either good or acceptable.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's shown that he can do all he can and meet what I would call the bare minimum expectations at UT in a down year. And that's the best he's offered.

We've been outcoached in pretty much every game he's coached here.

4. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

[video]https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-Lkry-SF01&hsimp=yhs-SF01&hspart=Lkry&p=used+cars+movie+youtube#id=4&vid=5d829938814510fc1185c50f7d547527&action=click[/video]

5. Tenacious D

Yes, we can. Just as it's entirely true to say that literally anyone on this board - and millions of others - would have been an improvement over Dooley.

That's. No. Standard.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Thank goodness he's got us back to being a QB injury away from losing to UMass.

7. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

My source is a former player who played under Butch. I am not going to burn my source.

8. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

No Tenny. I don't need to be right...you see, I never liked the hire in the beginning either. However, after he was hired, I simply decided to hope for the best and root on my team.

I don't need this to play out longer. I have been clear that I think we can, and should, do better in hiring a head coach.

I come to this site, at least initially, to get good and fair info on my favorite team. At this point, it's really more for comic relief, because it's just a Butch bash site.

9. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Too easy

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Butch has done better against UGA, South Carolina, and UK than Dooley. It's pretty much even everywhere else. And if Muschamp or Meyer are still at UF he's a big 0-5 there, too.

11. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

I didn't say it was a standard.

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There are former players that don't like him. There are obviously current players that don't like him. Did you not watch Saturday?

13. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

100%. Way too many in this fan base are sufferers. This is not a bare minimum program, contrary to what many have been conditioned to believe.

14. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Geez...once again, I am not defending Butch as a coach. I'm simply saying that not everything he does or says is wrong.

15. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Love the flowery illustration

16. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

He's 14-19 in SEC play. Saying he's better than Dooley is not saying much. He recruits ok, but he can't develop talent. He will be lucky to win more than one conference game this year. And it ****ing kills me to say that.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

And your lone examples, so far that I've seen, are him taking responsibility (immediately before shirking responsibility) and being better than Dooley.

18. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Others have posted more accomplishments. You can read as well as I.

19. Tenacious D

Most everyone here gave him an honest chance, and hoped he'd miraculously turn into something much better than he appeared.

Including me.

Denying that he was anything more than a gathering shit-storm beyond the 10-9 lost to UF was indefensibly stupid. And that's when you should have been applying your standard. Instead, you and (admittedly) many others, chose to willfully deny the blatantly obvious - for whatever reasons, and which I cannot possibly fathom - and that's bought him 3 years beyond what he deserved, even after lucking into the gig.

We didn't hate him because he was Gruden, but because he was Butch Jones.

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Fulmer's last 4 years were 17-15 with a division championship, and we fired him for not being good enough.