Ending of Butch's press conference

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 25, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If you have noticed others pointing out his accomplishments, why would you feel the need to tell us that not everything he does is wrong?

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Relative to football, damn near everything he says and does is wrong

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

In fairness, I only called you an idiot because, while reading your posts, I noticed that you are an idiot.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Fair.

5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

So what are you actually attempting to argue? Your entire position seems to be 'He's better than Dooley; celebrate him!'. Okay? He's recruited well and actually works. I consider that bare minimum, expected behavior; not some exceptional feat. Nobody has bashed him for these things. The problem he has is the other side of the scale is loaded down with awful. The man is a thin-skinned cliche machine who cannot develop or manage talent, nor can he coach a lick. How you can have a conversation about UT football and expect that not to come up I have no clue. Good on you, I suppose.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

He's done about half of the job while he's been here. No one disputes that. He is absolutely piss poor on Saturday. It's not impossible to find a guy that does it all.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We need more people to kick the hornets nest. Look who all shows up.

8. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

The lost boys unite

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The most fortunate detail of Jones' tenure here is that he followed and is compared to [ddiapos]. The most fortunate detail of the next coach's tenure is that he will be compared to Butch Jones. In other words, saying Jones is better than Dooley is the bare minimum, sort of like saying I'm a clean person because I always wipe my ass. There's a little more that goes into fulfilling your responsibility on the matter.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Tenny, the end of the 3rd period, when we had a 9-0 lead and the ball and momentum and an about to quit UF team and could have gone into the 4th quarter with a raucous crowd and either 3rd and short or first down after another 5 yard run, turned into an blitz that Worley didn't see as he floated to his left backpeddling and holding onto the ball, sack, fumble and UF with the momentum and a brand shiny new backup qb into the game, I got up and left and have been done, outside of taking my youngest to a couple of games when he asks. The rest has been hope and wanting to be entertained and watch guys like JK play. The question of will a coach get to a team to a championship was answered then.

11. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

At this point in the Butch Jones tenure, can be compared to this: Expecting championship under Butch would be like getting dry humped every weekend for a year and expecting next weekend to be different. Not going to happen.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Proof?

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I’m the original one that posted that anyway. He just verified. But what do I know about the UT lockerroom or its players?

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Thanks.

Letters and an unrelenting focus on tremendous preparation so I can be a critical poster making critical posts in critical situations all while focusing on complimentary writing.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not one single "individual". I award you zero points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

16. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

I didn't deny the obvious. You guys should stop confusing me with the Butch fans who say give him more time. It's happened a dozen times in the last 24 hours.

No I didn't deny the obvious. The fact is, no matter how much we may not like it, we aren't the decision makers with regard to hiring/firing. Until the day he is no longer our coach, I will root on my team and hope that both Jones and the team are successful.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Hope all you want, that moron isn't winning anything worthwhile

18. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

They were pointed out after I started commenting.

19. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Do you guys get extra point for trying to be clever?

20. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

You are welcome lol