Ending of Butch's press conference

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Other coaches rant at the media all the time. Did you even watch the presser? He was very calm and very nice. He told them that understood that they had a job to do.

2. I'll go with this.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's not a local media market in America that would be nicer to Butch than Knoxville.

He's really lucky no one called him on his bullshit from day one.

He's a lying fraud.

4. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Of course it is. You can take responsibility but disagree with the outcome.

5. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

BS...do you even read the propaganda that comes out of Atlanta regarding UGA?

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

In what way is he taking responsibility? Is he giving up salary? Lowering his buyout?

Quantify this "taking responsibility."

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Do you read the propaganda coming out of Knoxville?

8. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

You can take responsibility without being penalized...people do it all the time. If I screw up at work, I raise my hand and admit it. It doesn't necessarily mean that I have to forfeit part of my salary.

9. fl0at_

So meaningless gestures and words. So nothing.

He did nothing.

Just making sure.

10. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Yes...and I don't blame Butch for saying what he did. I don't always like his coaching, but I applaud him defending himself and the team for BS.

11. fl0at_

Guys, I'm taking responsibility for Butch Jones. And Wyoming. Kiffin's buyout.

All the responsibility, right here.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He doesn't even have to do that. He just needs to give the specific ways he has screwed up as easily and readily as he tells how and where others screw up. I've never heard a specific thing he has done wrong come out of his mouth. A generic "I take responsibility" is garbage and we all know it.

13. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

So every time you have taken responsibility, you have been penalized? I mean, if you ever have in the first place.

14. fl0at_

When I have earnestly meant it, yes. Most times I say what I have to say to get by, so as not to have to take a penalty.

And I call it "taking responsibility." Morons eat it up. Think I'm super mature and responsible. Turns out I'm just manipulative.

15. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

How many coaches give a laundry list of everything that they have done wrong?

16. Volsfan458

Volsfan458 Member

Touche

17. fl0at_

So he's not actually upstanding, he's just like every other coach.

I'm getting mixed signals.

Is he doing the right thing, or just the popular thing? You seem to be skipping around.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Most don't have quite the impressive list that Butch has that is obvious to every sentient being on planet earth.

But anyway, I'm just saying that I would think a lot higher of the guy if he would just come out and say, "I suck at life, and I'm resigning."

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

And [itch bay]ed that for the first time in 5 years people were no longer carrying his water for him. The guys has sucked hard for 4 years, the fact he made it this far before "all this negativity" is a testament to how little our fan base cares about being competitive and loves mediocrity.

20. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Him making the thousand and one mistakes he's made and still being employed as the head coach at UT without any media backlash disproves that idea. It also makes it obvious he doesn't learn from his mistakes. So his "taking responsibility" is worthless.