Episode 8

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Apr 14, 2017.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The Force Unleashed novels (based mostly on the game) speak to cloning force sensitives, which is how we arrive that the clones of Jango could have themselves been force sensitives. That's our point from which we move backwards. They weren't perfect, but they did stand out.

We know that force sensitives went unnoticed, or were rejected from under going Jedi training. We accept this. It stands to reason that those end up in the wild, and thrive, in what would appear to be "luck" or just "good reflexes." It isn't absolute, but it is likely.

We know forciness is passed along genetically.

There is no proof that Jango was a force sensitive. But it's possible. It's possible his clones were as well, if he was. He was better than all the rest. He killed an assassin who almost killed a senator, and got away.

He got away from a Jedi knight who after a fashion was looking specifically for him. His clone tracked Han Solo, a master smuggler.

You call it supposition, fine. It isn't explicitly spelled out in book and verse. There is more than enough to say it likely. Very likely.

Same for Han.

2. fl0at_

To speak to what I said earlier, about 7 not completely undoing the expanded universe, there is this:

So yea. Parts of Expanded are true. Parts are not. We don't know which is which until the story is concluded.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get that and said as much already.

How do you distinguish luck, skill, and force sensitivity? Why isn't lando also considered possibly force sensitive?

4. fl0at_

He might have been. He showed a lot of resilience. He hisself was also a smuggler I believe.

You're getting wrapped up in this idea that "everyone" is a force sensitive.

All you have named and seen is the bridge crew. That still makes them 1 in millions, even if they are all you've met.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Lando:
    *waves hand*

Your leader is not a black man.

Cloud City residents: Our leader is not a black man.

Lando: Simpletons *smiles*

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

"People of the land. You know...morons"

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get what you're saying: all the main characters are elite in some way. I think chocking that all up to a matter of force sensitivity cheapens the story in the same way red shirts dying left and right while the big 3 remain unscathed inexplicably, does.

Regular dude Solo becoming a general in the rebellion is a bigger journey than supernaturally gifted person stops ****ing up long enough to get his life together does.

It also makes me question the point of rogue one. Clearly, all those characters were somewhat force sensitive to do the amazing things the did, but yet the whole point of the movie was to contrast normies in the universe with with and Jedi, so...? What is your take on rogue one in the context of highly skilled or lucky people being more force sensitive?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are ewoks inherently force sensitive? They beat all kinds of ass in RotJ. They even captured like, which the empire couldn't manage.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The Ewoks capture Luke?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And Han. And Chewie. And 3PO. And R2. And Leia. And take down the Empire. Little turds are pretty damn powerful.

EDIT: Actually, they didn't capture Leia, she joined them. Willingly. Even more bad ass.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ewoks will cook you alive and bang your sister. They will destroy your tank with a log and then worship your toaster as a god. Do not **** with them.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Are you saying the Chief Ewok is Snoke?

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, possible Luke could sense that they weren't really evil and/or a threat and just kind of went along. I'm thinking he could have made things pretty bad for them.

16. fl0at_

All living things return to the force, thus all living things must inhabit some level of the force.

Rogue one was about those people tapping into a skill they haven't been trained in, and doing extraordinary things. Some of them did just regular things, bravely. That's also part of the story.

There was a lot of luck involved in pulling off Rogue One. Or a lot of weaker force users joining together and becoming a stonger weapon than just a small few people, going it alone. As in every other Star Wars movie.

How is that cheapened just because they have some strength with the force, but it's 1/100th that of an Anakin?

17. fl0at_

Well, the Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sure he could have slaughtered them, but they still managed to capture him.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The empire is bigger, why isn't their collective force power stronger? Especially if all the clones are force sensitive?

Perhaps I misunderstood you, but the argument that everything alive is part of the force and all people who accomplish feats are force sensitive feel distinctly different.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Off topic: Float, did you ever watch the battlestar galactica remake? If so, what do you make of starbuck's fate?