ESPN Layoffs

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lylsmorr, Apr 26, 2017.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

Basically every single game has an HD stream on Reddit. Lots of people I know have figured that out by now and dropped cable

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why did we drop cable a few years ago?

$200 a month

Why am I about to drop DirecTV?

$140 a month.

For me, it has nothing to do with the political leanings of ESPN, because I only watched live sports, anyway. It is about the money.

3. NashVol11

Which is true for everyone, except a few angry people trying to claim political victory over people losing their jobs.

4. NashVol11

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Vocal minority? A big difference between being vocal and just turning the channel or cutting my cord.

Try and keep up, VKA.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You're a moron. Show me where I'm claiming political victory.

7. NashVol11

FYP, and not really

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I pay DIRECTV 100 bucks for 4 boxes, DVR, yada yada each month. I pay Charter 40 bucks for internet. Right now I'm fine with that.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

VKA,

Learn to read. If you think for one moment that a horrible business model with horrible programming and horrible overhead needs to then piss off anyone, you're dumber than I originally gave you credit for. Seriously, you've had this username long enough. Might be time to change again and try and start new.

10. NashVol11

More accurate. But by all means, continue.

11. NashVol11

My name is VKAMan.

If you want to play the edit game, I'll be glad to. Just let me know how deep into this you actually want to go.

EDIT from actual NashVol: Ballllllllllls deep

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I've get 60 channels right now, no ESPN. They're in the next tier up. And the only reason I get that is because it's cheaper than getting just internet alone.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What channels do you get?

14. NashVol11

I will say that the "SC6" rebranding commercials looked stupid from the beginning (I still haven't watched it) and the talk shows suck. But that's not really political, it's just garbage programming.

Seriously, though, if you're a baseball fan, check out Reddit streams. You're welcome.

15. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

All local ABC, NBC, etc., TBS, Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, Bravo. Not entirely sure cause I stick to Netflix, but the wife can watch her trash housewives shows and the kid can watch his occasional cartoons.

16. NashVol11

I can't edit a post now without NYY flying off the handle. This is fun.

17. NashVol11

I guess you can continue editing anything that makes you look wrong, but once again, pissing off a handful of people isn't changing anything and those people were getting fired either way. It accelerates the inevitable. You yourself said politics weren't the driving force, yet they're the force you keep talking about.

18. NashVol11

Also, LOL at this:

"If you want to play the edit game, I'll be glad to. Just let me know how deep into this you actually want to go."

How ominous. Being a mod must make you really scary and powerful

19. NashVol11

In fact, with that level of exaggerated self-importance, it's actually not difficult to see why you think "pissing off" you and your friends is what brought down ESPN. Lol

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nyy said it wasn't a main factor, just a factor. Surely it was. Look how quickly the Limbaugh ESPN sports experiment failed. It's just bad tv.