Espn liberal agenda

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Aug 15, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I understand what she is saying. The point of posting it here is that she won't face any sort of reprimand from ESPN. I bet it wouldn't have gone so well for Trey Wingo if he said Obama got elected because he's black.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

She was forced to apologize.

3. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Uh when did she apologize? ESPN released a statement saying that they addressed it with her and she realized her actions were inappropriate. Is that what you mean by apologize?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Can't find anything about it. I'd like to see it if you have a link.

She also evidently compared rooting for the Celtics to rooting for Hitler at one point and was extremely vocal about wanting Imus to be canned.

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

"rooting for the Celtics is like saying Hitler was a victim. It’s like hoping Gorbachev would get to the blinking red button before Reagan." She also had to apologize for comparing John Calipari to Charles Manson.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What happened to just talking about sports and how a game went?

You cover sports. Stop with the critique of modern society and the wrongs of the past.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

She's entitled to express her personal opinion.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Linda Cohn has been suspended.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

It's not about talking about games anymore, it's all about "hot takes." Unfortunately it seems a lot of people in the media, not just the sports media, have become professional controversialists.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Apparently she was suspended for only saying,off the air, that espn was talking too much politics.

11. Tenacious D

Because...

1. No one is beyond personal bias, and
    2. It sells.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have a personal bias about my favorite soaps and colognes. But if I am doing a game, or Sports Center, I doubt very seriously you want to hear my takes on it.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

ESPN released that statement but she didn't have to say anything? I just assumed they went hand in hand. Guess that wasn't the case? I don't watch her show.

14. Tenacious D

For whatever the necessity or reason, ESPN is determined to intertwine sports with larger societal issues and politics, and has increasingly made its corporately political bent known in that process. Such is their right.

However un/wise that may prove to be, from any number of perspectives, is certainly debatable.

From a purely financial standpoint, I don't see how needlessly frustrating and angering more than 1/2 of your viewership is likely to do anything to help or already shaky position, but maybe it'll work, or if not, that it'll somehow still be otherwise worth it.

Absent either a Tennessee game or the occassional can't miss college football game, ESPN doesn't even exist in my household (been that way well before this), and I couldn't possibly care any less as to what they're doing, or why, beyond that. And absent those two things, I watch it about as often as I watch CNN, MTV, Rachel Maddow, Hallmark, Oprah's channel, Glenn Beck and my grandmother's masturbation cycle.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Politics aside, it just isn't good television anymore. I have watched it a little for the first time in years. The talent is gone.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Call it what you want...

But she is a racist.

17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

How so?

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Hill?

19. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Sergio Dipp...........

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hill defended him for doing a good job considering English is his second language. Probably should let me start at QB for the Patriots. I bet I'd do a pretty good job for someone that's a foot too short and has no arm.