Espn liberal agenda

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Aug 15, 2017.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Then say "Trump's rhetoric and agenda feels threatening to minorities' interests, some people don't feel that way because they aren't a minority".

Calling the President a white supremacist is a tad extreme.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you're saying I am more articulate than espn's current lineup, thanks.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Absolutely.

4. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

This was on her personal Twitter account, which to me is a little different, but I agree with you

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

when she generalizes a group of people based on their race, like saying everyone around Trump is a white supremacist, how is it not racist. She assumes and hates.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Low bar, but you're welcome

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Not really sure I can buy this.

I work in marketing. Does that mean I can't talk about politics on social media?

I've never driven a race car. Does that mean I can't discuss if Danica Patrick is good or not?

I'm not a vet. Does this mean I can't post pictures of my dog on Instagram?

Not attacking you here, I'm just confused by why somebody should only be allowed to talked about subjects related to their given profession.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I assumed this was during some show. If it is on their private account, then that is what it is. However, in modern media, it is impossible to have a private life

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You aren't a public figure. Hill is.

It's part of the job. You agree to it when you get your face plastered all over a television screen. She doesn't have a "private twitter"

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

True, but I don't think that should preclude you from having an opinion (as misguided as it may or may not be).

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

So as soon as you become a public figure, you can't have an opinion on anything or be be qualified to speak on anytning other than the subject that made you a public figure?

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

they should just let them have free reign (within reason) and treat them all the same, imo

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't care that she said it per se. Agree or not, she can say and believe what she wants.

But if scott van pelt (and I have zero idea of his political ideologies) had said Obama was a Isis loving Muslim that was only elected because he was black, he would have been suspended, if not fired, and everyone knows it.

I just don't agree with the double standard.*

*-of course this espn and given the stories we've heard from there over the years maybe hill told skipper shed give him a bj under his desk if he'd just pretend it never happened

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Racism requires an attitude of superiority or inferiority. It goes beyond generalizations.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not anymore.

How many people get fired for voicing their opinion now?

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Less than 0.1%?

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Whatever that number is, you can apparently subtract 1 from it.

And I'm not saying one shouldn't have to deal with the repercussions that come from their employer or public for what they say.

I'm saying I don't buy somebody can't or shouldn't talk about X because they do Y for a living.

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I don't think anybody is particularly upset because she discussed politics. Obviously some losers will always throw out "stick to sports", but this isn't the same.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Lots of people are upset.

20. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

But not just because she discussed politics.