ESPN Top 150 Games

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 4, 2019.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The list is okay. The first game that stands out to me though is the '66 ND Michigan St. game. It's a terrible game and it was universally hated when the final whistle blew.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting, I don't know anything about it but will look it up.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Kind of shocked that Houston ND is 30. Figured it would be top 10.

Still say it's the most overrated performance ever though. If Houston could snap a punt they win easy.

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Both coaches played for the tie (which is fine) and neither fanbase/team wanted to admit it. They've spent the 50 years since claiming that the other team wasn't trying to win.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I watched the replay of that. He was saying something like how bowl games are glorified exhibitions. Brought up some bs quote from Bear Bryant to justify it. All of this is in the 4th quarter after we had run them out of the building, and he had been hyping Miami needing to win for a shot at/piece of the NC during first half.

dc4utvols likes this.
  6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

In his defense, words don't exist that can explain how thoroughly Tennessee beat them.

dc4utvols likes this.
  7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The happiest I've ever seen my dad, including the day he held his first grandchild

8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

That 2001 FL game was the best game for me. 1990 FL was the most fun. 1985 Auburn fully indoctrinated me.

the 2001 SEC champ loss was most disappointing loss...followed by our collapse at FL in 95.

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Yes to all of those

10. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Clemson beating Nebraska 22-15 in the Orange Bowl to win their first National Championship is better than some of those games listed.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

'98 Syracuse game was no slouch in terms of exciting games.

justingroves likes this.
  12. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

86 Sugar Bowl has my vote

kmf600 likes this.
  13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I was born in '86 but have wasted Many days and hours being immersed in this stuff. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, the '85 Sugar Bowl and '78 Orange Bowl stand as the epitome of the underdog dominating great football teams.

14. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Have this on the desk:

[​IMG]

kmf600 and sellsman11 like this.
  15. sellsman11

sellsman11 Member

2006 Texas/USC is the best college football game I've ever watched.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Oh, you must have missed the 1998 season and every win over Alabama.

17. sellsman11

sellsman11 Member

I stand corrected.....

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

2001 Florida might be it for me.

19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

What year was the multiple OT game against bammer with Clausen at QB? That was one of my favorites because I had a hair bet with a coworker who went to the game. His telling the story of he and the fans around him sobering up to start feeling the effects of a hangover right around the time Tennessee converted a 3rd or 4th and long to keep the game alive and their subsequent misery that followed are the kind of memories that help me through college football these days.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

2003. It was the worst Alabama team since the early 50s and it took 4 miracles and 5 OTs to beat them.