Ethan Wolf Slam Piece

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Aug 9, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It matters if you trying to take the position that Butch is some holy man on the recruiting trail.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Never said anything like that. Just asked what promises he has made to current or recently graduated players. And only got called a braggert with a raping child in return.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Pre-1950. Really not even sure

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You asked for specific names, which I will not provide and which wouldn't prove anything, anyway. You think I'm lying, well then why wouldn't I just pick two names at random?

I'll say the grumblings were in regards to early playing time being promised. The other guy was expected to do big things as a high school recruit, but never managed to climb the depth chart. He wanted to transfer. Was convinced by Butch he would be given a legit chance to be the starter as the current guy at his position just graduated. According to him, he was never given a legit shot and was just kept around as practice fodder.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Butch was supposed to address the media yesterday. Anyone hear his comments? Did he mention this article at all?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It matters to me that the coach of the state's flagship university have positive relationships with secondary schools within his home state. Beyond the obvious recruiting/football aspects, he is the highest state employee at the highest profile institution. It would matter to me if this wasn't a school in the state to me as well and I am not saying this alone is some firable offense. But yes, it does really matter. He needs to maintain professional relationships with secondary school coaches. He's representing the state.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

His typical coachspeak about toughness. Standard loser mentality.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

“There’s so much that encompasses toughness. It first starts with mental toughness. If you don’t have any mental toughness, you won’t be able to have physical toughness. That starts with being in great physical condition.”

“Everything that you do, the ability to think strategically if you’re winded, if you’re going to be able to do the little things nobody wants to do, to push yourself through and go through the grind,” Jones stated. “And I think if you have that mental toughness, the physical toughness will come and the attributes that are really born in the strength and conditioning room with coach Gullickson as well.

“In order to play tough on Saturdays, you have to practice tough each and every day.”

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So no, he didn't really address it at all

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Tough is the new critical

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That you better make sure they don't find out about each other.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You're either coaching it or allowing it.

Having to address toughness this far into his tenure makes him look bad.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Toughness is grown through time. He can't just coach it into existence in the middle of fall camp. He makes it sound like a state of mind. It is unconscious.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Guys that lift their catchphrases from Care Bears probably aren't going to inspire a lot of toughness.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Seriously

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Laughed

17. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Is it not completely obvious that this stuff starts and ends with coaching? OLine coach, TE coach, and S&C coach suck, no QB coach to teach a QB how to read his progressions,how good is a TE going to look?

This makes Butch look so much worse than Wolfe.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

So has Butch addressed this at all?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not really

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Disappointed I've not seen anyone say that Butch gave Eli Wolf a scholarship to make up for the hit piece on Ethan.